Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- come to me clear and cold on some sea

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Vaeri

as the moon ascends ,
the wolves come out to see the end

The full moon hangs high, its light illuminating Novus and making everything more beautiful than ever. This time of the month is when Vaeri feels the most alive. The floating moon in the center of her antlers mirrors the moon above and her coat shimmers like the stars in the night sky. Her magic is the strongest on these nights, although she still has a long way before she's mastered it.

There is no way she's sleeping, not with the moonlight's power coursing through her and still so many places to explore. Denocte as a whole has been kind to her, especially the market streets and their many unique finds. Her pack had been heavy with goods from her last trip. Tonight, she feels the urge to stray farther. It seems to be time as she's technically grown up in Denocte. While she only lived in the mountains most of her life, she feels like she's known these lands as a whole this entire time with how much she could see from up there. No, she wanted to see something new, something exciting. After rumors spread of the island rising up from the sea again, she knew it would be the perfect place to mark a new adventure.

So on she went.

It proved to be no easy trek having to find the bridge she was told about and making her way fully across. It's one of the times she wishes she had wings to carry her across lands more easily. Either way, she's made it safely to the shore and once again she is filled with a childlike happiness and wonder. The island is not like any island one would expect. It's a winter wonderland with snow-covered forests and rolling white hills. The shore is a mix of sand and snow under her hooves and she trots onward, finding amusement in the hoofprints she leaves in the ground.

Out of the corner of her eye, there is a floating orb of light. Vaeri immediately follows it with curious eyes. Her pace slows as she comes up to it and realizes that it's some kind of magical creature. A fairy, perhaps? It does not linger in front of her long and instead flitters forward, then stops, looking back at her. Apparently, it wants her to follow. She does not hesitate.

She follows the fairy through the trees, a breeze blowing through and causing the cold to seep through her. Somehow, it feels colder here than back home. Still, she is determined to see what the fairy has to show her and tries to ignore the bitter cold. It will all be worth it soon.

And she is right. The creature leads her to a grove where more of them float. It's like a thousand fireflies in a field, but they are bigger and more brilliant. She also notices that she's not alone here and there is a man a few lengths ahead. Like her he wears a bag, but his seems more purposeful with its multiple pockets and larger size. On his back are a pair of magnificent wings and she is partially envious of this. He is looking at the fairies in the same sort of awe as she. Vaeri smiles wide as she approaches him, the shimmer in her coat even more pronounced with the fairies' light.

"This place is absolutely breathtaking, isn't it?" she asks, hoping he feels the same way. He's not hard on the eyes, but a stranger to her. It was to be expected that she would meet new horses outside of Denocte and she certainly doesn't mind.

"I'm Vaeri, but you can call me Vae," she says, leaning in just close enough to be able to toy with a section of his mane. A quick tease and she steps back, tilting her head. "Do you know much of this island?" Maybe he could tell her a story of the land and all its wonders.

“Speaking.”

@Septimus bear with me while I still try to figure her out xD

Messages In This Thread
RE: come to me clear and cold on some sea - by Vaeri - 12-15-2019, 11:43 PM
RE: come to me clear and cold on some sea - by Vaeri - 12-26-2019, 12:23 AM