Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Fairy Lights and Sky Dancing

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Trevelyan

Bring on the Dragons

"Oh, so you're probably a good way from home, I imagine that you're probably used to something with much warmer temperatures, aren't you? I've never been into the ocean myself, Or at least, not submerged beyond my upper legs If these little appendages get wet, drying them is absolute abysmal; and takes forever. And not being able to fly while their wet is not a pleasant experience. I prefer flying to walking." Trey laughed and nodded as she described the difficulties that came with her entering the water. "Not too far, honestly... My shiver is from about 50 miles south of the southern tip of Novus. A bit warmer, yes. Particularly when we got to our preferred depth. The water seemed to stay about the same temperature, regardless of the surface weather. I would imagine swimming to be similar to flying, though I have never done the latter." He paused to check for surprise wings. The bull was trying to make her laugh. "Getting deep in the water makes you feel weightless and free." He paused, taking a moment to stare at the snow around them.

"Perhaps you should stick to the full, proper name. I'm afraid the simplified version is a little . . . to the face." Trey snorted as he nodded. "Yeah... Definitely doesnt sound at all interesting, or even well spoken. Sounds like a pup trying to describe a monster under their coral." He shook his head, still chuckling softly at the mental image that had left him with. "I have also heard it shortened to just CEF as well... which does sound better than 'Horse Shark'..."

"Well met, T=Trey. It is a pleasure: to make your acquaintance. It's always delightful to come across a friendly face in one's travels." Trey paused as she struggled through his name and he tilted his head slightly. It seemed that there was a story behind the struggle, though he refused to make her describe whatever was making her uncomfortable. "If it is easier, you can call me by my full name. I am Trevelyan. It just tends to be a mouthful, so I automatically shorten it. I apologize for any discomfort that my name may have caused." He said softly, not blaming or trying to make her feel bad. As he finished his apology, he dipped his head like a prince speaking to a princess. "I may be a friendly face, but I do hope that you can come to consider me a true friend should you need anything." He spoke again, his face open and honest as he tried to put the smaller mare at ease.

"Oh, there's really no story. A need to find a new place to call . . . my own space. A bit of exploring, change of scenery - you know, the usual sort of thing when you want to experience a new type of life. Nothing to really tell, very boring." Trey had a feeling that the little mare was glossing over most of her life, though he wouldnt pressure her to speak. "I can understand that. I left after a battle with a great white... that I lost and nearly died from. After going back, my brother had taken command of the shiver and it was pointless for me to stay when my arrival was a challenge to his leadership. I would have never been a good leader." He shrugged, though a large part of him missed the shiver, the family that was always helping to look out for each other.

"So, you said you're searching for your friend? What is her name? Perhaps I've seen her in my travels? I've met an odd few souls in Novus thus far. It's remarkable the kind of beings you see, and meet," Trey nodded, pausing to glance at the cluster of scarring on his right hock. Pol had done well to heal most of the extensive damages, leaving him with just scarring and full use of his leg. "A little Vapor Treader filly. Her name is Polar North, though most call her Pol. She was rescued from death by some nomads and used the skills that they had taught her to heal me after the battle with the great white. She was seeking a home, a place to belong... as well as searching for her sister, when we went separate ways." Trey smiled as he thought of her, feeling like Pol was his little sister rather than a friend. They had spent long hours talking about everything and bonding.

"Speaking"
@Caelum
Notes: -snugs poor Cael tight-

CREDIT to Akatsukislilwolf (offsite)

Messages In This Thread
Fairy Lights and Sky Dancing - by Caelum - 12-08-2019, 03:34 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Sky Dancing - by Trevelyan - 12-16-2019, 01:58 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Sky Dancing - by Caelum - 02-09-2020, 12:16 AM
RE: Fairy Lights and Sky Dancing - by Trevelyan - 02-09-2020, 03:15 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Sky Dancing - by Caelum - 02-09-2020, 11:34 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Sky Dancing - by Trevelyan - 02-12-2020, 05:18 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Sky Dancing - by Caelum - 02-26-2020, 12:07 PM