Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Fairy Lights and Sky Dancing

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
"the sharp knife of a short life
i've had just enough time"
Home could be anywhere.

Caelum had found a variety of locations to call home, even if temporarily, in her life. She had learned at a young age that anywhere could be home when you had others nearby that you loved and found shelter. But she also knew that even when you're home and comfortable somewhere, your heart can yearn for the place that means something more to you. She had found home with many people, but there was always - still was - a part of her that yearned for the home that was Forystia. For the sun-kissed meadows of her people, the joyful laughter of the fae in the skies, dancing, and whinnying among the breeze. There was a part of her that ached for the Primulan of before. Before the worst example of equine had ransacked her home, slaughtered her people, burned the meadows, and left her city in ruins.

Novus was welcoming . . .

But it wasn't Forystia. Delumine was becoming a place to call home . . . but it would never be Primulan City. She was curious about what this odd male might consider home. She wasn't expecting him to hail from a location so close to Novus - 50 miles away. Warmer sounded lovely this time of year, as well. At his comment on having never flown before checking for wings, the Princess couldn't help but let a slight giggle slip. "Ah yes, I suppose you haven't ever flown yourself, have you?" She mused gently, "Yes, it sounds very similar. There's freedom in the skies as well when it's just you and the wind. Free and without care. Although, if to be forthright, I always tend to feel weightless. My kind are designed to be a fair bit lighter than most creatures, after all, my wings aren't built for strength, no?" She declared with a soft laugh.

The name of his species was exotic.

The translation, not so much. At his response, another giggle was pulled from the regal mare, her head tilting slightly as her forelock shifted across her facade, briefly exposing the delicate star upon her brow, "Describing a monster under their coral?" She quoted back, "I'm afraid I'm not too familiar with that metaphor, but I believe I understand the sentiment. CEF does sound a little better, but species names can always be a touch . . . different, no? Take my people, for example. We merely call ourselves Fae Horses or Fae Ponies. Though some use the full term of Fairy as well. I can not be certain if it's due to an inability to claim title to our species cohesively or if it's a personal preference to what each fae prefers."

Of course, not all names can be pleasant.

His hit her like a ton of breaks to her chest. A vision of black, with wild hair and laughing red eyes. Bat-like wings wrapping around her in a comforting embrace. Whispered sweet nothings and promises for a future that would never come. Trey, her Tremaine. And this stranger had his name. Of course, as this Trey spoke, it was only her upbringing that kept her facade stoic, but the relief soothed her like a balm, offering his full name. Trevelyan. Trevelyan, she could do with ease. Trevelyan wouldn't force a blade into her heart to utter. Her gaze delicately lowered, her head dipping softly in acknowledgment to his words, "I do apologize for my reaction, it is not on you to apologize for my inability to disassociate from memories. Regardless, it is truly a pleasure to meet you Trevelyan." The Princess stated with an earnest warmth, before tilting her head when he spoke again, offering friendship that the mare would be happy to accept.

In a new land, with her past - friends could help.

"I find that one can never have enough friends at their back, and would graciously welcome another. In return, of course, please do not hesitate should you need any help from me, either. I might not be able to chase off a bear for you, but I am very knowledgeable in the arts of healing." There was a brief pause, a hesitance before she added, "And I have a substantial understanding of politics and social cues fitting for any negotiation and meetings, as well. Although, I do not know if you'd ever require that skill set." She admitted with a soft laugh, her wings fluttering briefly against her spine before realigning delicate, the film gently sliding together and dispensing another small sprinkling of faery dust into the air around her.

Why she came to Novus was a whole different story.

She was careful to gently dismiss her reasons, keeping her answers reasonably vague, but still partially truthful. Not a lie, but not the exact reason either. The story of her people was too much to share. The guilt was too much to admit to beyond her self-inflicted punishment. She carried the weight of the outcome of her court on her shoulders, and until she could find a way to help Primulan City be reborn, she would carry the weight until her dying breath. Her citizens would not be forgotten; her court would not die, her legacy would live on - even if only within her own heart. A princess was still a princess, after all, even if her kingdom had been left in ruin. The stallion shared his own story, of a battle with a creature, called a great white, that he nearly died upon, and his arrival back to his home being seen as a challenge. A faint, familiar smile touched her muzzle. Had Regalis not once been seen as a threat to her future right to rule at his birth? Of course, her parents had been quick to remind their people that the court chose the crowned heir by age, not gender. Regalis had never been one to show an interest in the crown, either.

She thanked the heavens; he still felt the duty.

It had been his quick action that had saved so many of their court, running to the allies in the forest, before locking down that border to keep the remaining Primulan Court citizens safe. Her brother had done what he could to save those he could. She couldn't be prouder of his actions in the face of their kingdom's slaughter. He'd fought as long as he could, before saving those he could. He was a prince of her people, and he earned the nickname Regal with no doubt. He was a royal, through and through. "You should take pride in doing what is right for your people, particularly when it could upset the order of your pod. But never assume you might not be a good leader - many don't know their worth and abilities until a true test is given. One might be surprised by how quickly they can take charge during the devastation. A leader can be born from a situation just as much from teaching and behavioral patterns."

Her brother was proof of that.

Caelum was curious about whom the odd shark-creature was looking for, however, but at the term Vapor Treader, Caelum paused. The name rung like a bell, remembering the youth that had eagerly offered herself up for assistant training beneath Caelum before she'd reassured her it was a random order of rank. However, she didn't voice these thoughts just yet. Caelum knew what it could be like to have the wrong individuals looking for you, willing to say what they needed to get information. While Trevelyan didn't seem the type to destroy someone, caution should be handled in any situation, and Caelum wouldn't dare accidentally lead destruction to Polar. She'd done that once already, and her kingdom had suffered, "Well, I'm certain you'll find her with perseverance. Sometimes we find those we search for when we least expect it. I wish you luck in your travels." The child had had a rough start, by what little Caelum was aware of until she knew that Trevelyan truly was a friend to Pol, he would not learn her location from her.

She had to help those in need.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Trevelyan

Messages In This Thread
Fairy Lights and Sky Dancing - by Caelum - 12-08-2019, 03:34 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Sky Dancing - by Trevelyan - 12-16-2019, 01:58 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Sky Dancing - by Caelum - 02-09-2020, 12:16 AM
RE: Fairy Lights and Sky Dancing - by Trevelyan - 02-09-2020, 03:15 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Sky Dancing - by Caelum - 02-09-2020, 11:34 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Sky Dancing - by Trevelyan - 02-12-2020, 05:18 PM
RE: Fairy Lights and Sky Dancing - by Caelum - 02-26-2020, 12:07 PM