Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - not from the sky, but the ground up

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aeranas

We'll leave this empty room, into the air we'll climb

This stardust maiden does not flinch nor flee from his abrupt approach. Her eyes remain fixed on each movement of his lithe, pastel form. He can feel her eyes trace every inch of his ivory bodice. Her eyes are pools of rose nestled in a garden of primrose flowers. A garden that is kissed by the stars, a garden that heaven is reluctant to release. Aerie sees the captivation in the expression upon her face, and he wonders exactly what has captivated her. Her hair, spilling like ivory seas atop her stardust skin, is like poetry to him. Every inch of her is beautiful, and he is determined to make sure she knows this. A smile creeps uncertainly across her gently sloping face. It is quiet. It is a smile that she is not completely conscious of. It is the kind of smile one reacts with upon receiving a gift they truly love. It is sweet. Genuine. Aerie feels his smile greet hers. The ghost does not have a smile that is so noticeable. It is when she whispers his name that he leans closer, as though she is offering a sweet embrace. Nothing is sweeter than poetry spilled between two strangers sharing space beneath the stars. 

Aerie dives into her pools of rose just as she dives into his. His smile is a permanent one in her presence this night. Aerie twitches his auds forward so that he does not miss a single word she offers him. She breathes poetry in the way she speaks. The way she frames her sentences reminds him of the words written in books of old, long since forgotten by this world. Books he loves so dearly. She is his poet, and what a brilliant poet she is. "There is no need to thank someone for the truth. You are a precious, timeless treasure. I worry the stars may grow jealous of the story-teller and the treasure. They must not want to let you go." Aerie promises her with a gentle laugh. He wonders if she will find his manner of speaking too strange. He finds himself craving to hear her speak again, at length. He wants to hear her stories, and her dreams so that he might breathe them back to the stars. So that others will know of the mesmerizing star kissed maiden with ivory seas.

His poet introduces herself to him, in those same sweet tones as before. Maerys. "Maerys. What a beautiful name for a poet who speaks in gold as you do." He answers her with nothing but genuine words slipping from his lips. The warm glow from his scarf swells when he extends his muzzle to greet hers. Her maw too is as soft, and beautiful as she is. Maerys is real, and tangible unlike the stars in the sky. They may be real, but they are not tangible. One cannot hold a star in their lips in the same way one could hold the words of his poet in theirs. "Tell me, Maerys, are you a traveler? Is Delumine your home? I think that I am in love with Delumine already, for she has welcomed me home. I am new to Novus. An entertainer, a storyteller." Aerie speaks to her, excited to talk to someone new. "Would you like to hear my story about you?" He smiles so wide that his eyes crinkle into crescent moons. Perhaps the ghost will make a new friend yet. The ghost would be lucky to befriend such a captivating creature.

"Speech" Thoughts

@Maerys | AH Maerys is so cute omg  | 589 Words

Messages In This Thread
not from the sky, but the ground up - by Maerys - 12-12-2019, 02:44 PM
RE: not from the sky, but the ground up - by Aeranas - 12-31-2019, 10:18 AM
RE: not from the sky, but the ground up - by Aeranas - 01-04-2020, 11:09 AM