Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- catching snowflakes on my tongue

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Vaeri

exhale, expel / recast my tale
weave my allegorical elegy

Time seems to stop here and Vaeri can't complain. This place is like something out of a dream and she's enjoying every minute of it. She's forgotten the nipping feeling of the cold breeze as she dances in the snow bank, her hooves kicking up snow around her. From the moonlight, her coat shines like the billions of stars in the night sky. Her floating moon made of magic mirrors the real full moon  that looks down on Novus.

She feels more alive than she can ever remember feeling.

Her legs had grown restless only walking among Denocte. She needed somewhere new, somewhere fresh and full of surprises. The island surely provided this, just as the rumors said, and she feels thankful. It's the kind of adventure she had always dreamed of, but could never make a reality when she was younger. Her Shed-Star family lived too reclusively- a main reason she left. Although she misses them deeply, she does not miss being holed up in the mountains while an entire land of magic sat unexplored by her eyes.

Now that she's made it here, she's discovered the wonder of the strange fairy creatures. They float around her, as curious of her as she is of them. They play with her mane and tickle her neck. She laughs and stops moving for a moment. Concentrate, concentrate, she tells herself and closes her eyes. She's practiced this before a few times, but it didn't always work.

When she opens her eyes, there is a small glowing white orb floating among the fairies. They are delighted at the sight, as is she, until it bursts into light fragments and dissolves in the air. Still, she smiles and feels proud of herself for managing to conjure such a thing. Vae hopes with more practice, she might be able to create a light show.

There is movement within the shadows of the trees and the moonlight shines down on a figure. It's another equine and another stranger she's come upon on this island. Vae's smile is warm and the fairies seem to be excited at another newcomer. They float over to her immediately.

"Don't worry, they won't hurt you," she reassures the stranger, just in case the fairies have startled her. Vae begins to dance again, her hooves making a pattern of overlapping prints in the snow. "Come dance with me." Her tone is suggestive, but inviting. She is not one to feel threatened by strangers. They are the best kind to meet and the most interesting. You can turn the pages of their story the more you spend time with them and talk. From the look of this woman, she wonders what is written on her pages.

"Speaking."

@Thana

Messages In This Thread
catching snowflakes on my tongue - by Vaeri - 12-16-2019, 12:09 AM
RE: catching snowflakes on my tongue - by Thana - 12-29-2019, 07:36 PM
RE: catching snowflakes on my tongue - by Vaeri - 01-15-2020, 12:14 AM
RE: catching snowflakes on my tongue - by Thana - 01-18-2020, 03:40 PM
RE: catching snowflakes on my tongue - by Vaeri - 01-30-2020, 10:51 PM
RE: catching snowflakes on my tongue - by Thana - 02-01-2020, 08:59 PM
RE: catching snowflakes on my tongue - by Vaeri - 02-18-2020, 12:16 AM
RE: catching snowflakes on my tongue - by Thana - 02-29-2020, 03:32 PM
RE: catching snowflakes on my tongue - by Vaeri - 03-11-2020, 11:25 PM