Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- catching snowflakes on my tongue

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Vaeri

exhale, expel / recast my tale
weave my allegorical elegy

The pair are practically polar opposites- Vae with her bright moonlight and this woman of the dark who brings death where she walks. Most might be scared, but it just makes Vaeri intrigued like a moth to a flame.

The stranger says she's from the forest instead of mentioning a Court. This isn't the answer that Vae expected, but it still works. Having been in the woods of Denocte before, she can understand how one would want to call it home. She always enjoyed the scent of damp earth and being surrounded by the thick canopy of trees. Of course, the trees have since shed their leaves for the winter. Even still, there is a lingering comfort in the forest. Maybe this woman is even from the Night Court. It might suit her the best out of all.

"I love the forest," she says, eyes shining as bright as the moon. "Same with the creatures that live in it and the secrets it holds." Maybe it's the owls that she loves the most and listening to their calls that echo into the night.

Then, Vae is told to listen closer. Her ear twitches and she strains to try and hear what this woman hears. Her dance is not to music, but it's something greater, something the Shed-Star cannot grasp. It's like a magic she doesn't have access to and she frowns.

The unicorn's tail is not like any she's seen before on an equine. Earlier, it had made a loud screeching noise as it scraped against stone. Now she's lifted her tail and the sharp point brushes against Vae's hip. Her touch is cold and prickles the surface of her skin, but Vae doesn't mind. It's an odd sensation that just makes her more curious than anything else. She wants a taste of this woman's magic even if it might mean she's close to death.

"What do they call you?" she asks as she slows her dancing. "My name is Vae." Her voice is quieter, more intimate. A name may just be a name to some, but to her, it's everything. This woman deserves a name that's more than just death or darkness. Something that describes who she truly is on a deeper level.

"Speaking."

@Thana <3

Messages In This Thread
catching snowflakes on my tongue - by Vaeri - 12-16-2019, 12:09 AM
RE: catching snowflakes on my tongue - by Thana - 12-29-2019, 07:36 PM
RE: catching snowflakes on my tongue - by Vaeri - 01-15-2020, 12:14 AM
RE: catching snowflakes on my tongue - by Thana - 01-18-2020, 03:40 PM
RE: catching snowflakes on my tongue - by Vaeri - 01-30-2020, 10:51 PM
RE: catching snowflakes on my tongue - by Thana - 02-01-2020, 08:59 PM
RE: catching snowflakes on my tongue - by Vaeri - 02-18-2020, 12:16 AM
RE: catching snowflakes on my tongue - by Thana - 02-29-2020, 03:32 PM
RE: catching snowflakes on my tongue - by Vaeri - 03-11-2020, 11:25 PM