Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- catching snowflakes on my tongue

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Vaeri

exhale, expel / recast my tale
weave my allegorical elegy

Most would probably run at first sight of the rot at the girl's feet. It's an interesting thing, almost oozing and bubbling. It seems to consume everything on the ground except the woman's own hooves. Vae wonders if it would consume her too if she reached out far enough. The stench of death is so strong, she'd almost think she finally came face to face with the grim reaper.

She asks the Shed-Star what she knows of the forest and its secrets. She's oblivious of the fury growing underneath the woman's words and there's no telling what Vae's answer will bring out of her. Especially since she begins to spin a lie.

"I was a deer in a past life," she answers simply and looks off into the distance as if she's remembering back to the old days. "I'd wander the forest and speak to the trees and the birds. They told me about their days, although the birds in particular had a lot to chatter about." It's almost a shame it isn't true. Living as another species would be fun and deer are beautiful creatures. She's only ever seen one and it was brief. Maybe she wouldn't last very long seeing as how they're so flighty and she's the complete opposite.

"They kept secrets of all those who passed through and I'd hear about those too," she adds, feeling the woman's horn tap her spine. It sends a cold shiver through her body as if her blood turned to ice for a moment.

At last, the lady of death has a name - Thana. It sounds beautiful and forbidden. She says it so quietly, like it's not something to be proud of, or like she doesn't find it special at all. Not like Vae, who offers her name like she offers strangers a dance and a smile.

"I like you, Thana," she admits, although it's not meant to be in a flirtatious way. More like she finds her intriguing and she wants to know more. "You're different, but in a good way. Being normal is overrated." At this, her body shimmers again and her floating moon glows, as if to reaffirm how she feels.

"Speaking."

@Thana <3

Messages In This Thread
catching snowflakes on my tongue - by Vaeri - 12-16-2019, 12:09 AM
RE: catching snowflakes on my tongue - by Thana - 12-29-2019, 07:36 PM
RE: catching snowflakes on my tongue - by Vaeri - 01-15-2020, 12:14 AM
RE: catching snowflakes on my tongue - by Thana - 01-18-2020, 03:40 PM
RE: catching snowflakes on my tongue - by Vaeri - 01-30-2020, 10:51 PM
RE: catching snowflakes on my tongue - by Thana - 02-01-2020, 08:59 PM
RE: catching snowflakes on my tongue - by Vaeri - 02-18-2020, 12:16 AM
RE: catching snowflakes on my tongue - by Thana - 02-29-2020, 03:32 PM
RE: catching snowflakes on my tongue - by Vaeri - 03-11-2020, 11:25 PM