Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Abandon SHIP

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

I hear him before I see him. The stallion's call of my name causes me to lift my skull higher, eyes brightening. I hesitate for a moment in my step, nostrils flared and ears perked in attention. Not just my name, but called by one I've grown rather fond of, despite the few times we've met. It's one of those friendships that just happen with no particular words to explain the phenomenon. And that's ok.

I move again, my head swaying slightly, exaggerated by my increased forward movement. Then I break into a trot, striped hooves carrying me faster toward the bay stallion, the one that wears coins for decoration. As we get closer to each other, both of us pull up to a halt. Pure pleasure at being here, seeing him, is written all over my face and body. His greeting is exuberant, promising he would have met me sooner if he'd known. I chuckle, enjoying the moment. "Aye, but then it wouldn't have been a surprise, would it?" Not that I'd originally intended it that way. "When I saw you last you asked if I'd come live here. Well... I sure as hell hope you meant it because I'm here to stay!" I chuckle, a look of mischief crossing onto my scarred face.

When I'd seen him he'd proposed that I come to live in Denocte. I'd been unsure at the time. But some events had transpired, and I realized that I would be happier living in the south than the sandy, parched land of the north. It simply hadn't been the right fit, though I'd initially been sure that it was. Well, things change. I can only hope now that there will be a place for me here, and that I will not be shunned for having come from Solterra. (Though of course I don't worry about this reaction from Reichenbach.) Although fitting in isn't something that generally bothers me, not belonging can make daily life just a bit harder, and that can add up....

WC: 338
Tag: @Reichenbach

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Messages In This Thread
Abandon SHIP - by Rostislav - 07-12-2017, 08:18 PM
RE: Abandon SHIP - by Reichenbach - 07-16-2017, 09:43 PM
RE: Abandon SHIP - by Rostislav - 07-18-2017, 06:00 PM
RE: Abandon SHIP - by Reichenbach - 07-31-2017, 11:06 PM
RE: Abandon SHIP - by Rostislav - 08-01-2017, 07:08 AM
RE: Abandon SHIP - by Reichenbach - 08-01-2017, 07:54 PM