Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - just a creature of a broken past

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ipomoea

so lay me down in golden dandelions 

He’s grown accustomed to wandering the library by himself. Each corridor is familiar to him, from a time when he had spent day after day after day combing the books on Delumine’s history, its culture, its relationship with the other courts… When he had been a boy but also an Emissary, a foreigner charged with representing the Dawn to each of the other countries.

Sometimes he wonders what Kasil had been thinking, by selecting him. And then he inevitably wonders how he had become a Regent, and then a Sovereign; or what life would have been like had he stayed Emissary, or what it would be like had he never become an Emissary at all -

- It was a rabbit hole of thinking, one that could keep him occupied for hours when he had far more important, far more pressing thoughts to focus on.

Sunlight is slanting in through the windowsill, casting a long shadow in the likeness of the stallion across the floor. It was the same windowsill Ipomoea himself had been heading to and - lost within his own thoughts so that he had nearly walked all the way up to the padded seat before realizing it was already occupied - only now does he stop, arching his neck to look at the reclined stallion.

“Oh - hello,” he says clumsily, taking a step back. “I’m sorry, I wasn’t paying attention.”

@Mathias

Messages In This Thread
just a creature of a broken past - by Mathias - 12-19-2019, 12:05 AM
RE: just a creature of a broken past - by Ipomoea - 12-30-2019, 02:03 PM
RE: just a creature of a broken past - by Mathias - 01-20-2020, 07:31 PM
RE: just a creature of a broken past - by Ipomoea - 02-01-2020, 05:32 PM