Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - better than none

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 113 — Threads: 14
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

Would it always be this way? This terrible push and pull between them, like two buoys untethered in a storm. Anandi did not care for floating wherever the current would take her. She wanted to choose her own fate, her own direction, and swim to it without looking back.

But before her stands the kelpie she made, the one with galaxies pulsing star-hot beneath her skin. The one with gravity, so easy to fall in to, and if Anandi is breathing she’s not aware of it at all. All she feels is the heat of her own blood, radiating into the cool winter darkness. Finally, they embrace. And in that moment it would not be a surprise at all for Anandi to find her whole body gone to steam.

Then there is a bite, and a squeal, and every ounce of self control keeps her from darting after the starlit mare who dances in the sand with a grace Anandi’s unnatural legs will never achieve. And then she speaks, voice like a knife that traces Anandi’s outline, cutting her out of the night-shadow backdrop.

A grit of the teeth, a set of the jaw. “Too long,” Anandi says, and it makes her feel weak. It makes her feel desperate for this girl, who she feels bound to closer than a sister, or a lover, or a shadow..

Thank you for coming,” She sighs in one quick exhale of breath. How many times in her life has she said thank you and meant it? Really meant it, not just used the two words to tug at someone’s favor. "I'm sorry." Another rarity. She takes a step closer, head tilted as though to ask forgive me? Her fringe lowers demurely to her poll, and for a moment she looks down at the sandy beach, divoted by hoofprints. “Are you okay?

She raises her sharp gaze back to the thing she made, and her heart trembles with the beauty of what she sees. A bit of fire returns to her as she thinks: “the thing I made. The beautiful thing I made.” and her expression grows lively as her pretty lips purse in a pout. “I don’t even know your name.

A kiss with a fist
is better than none

A  N  A  N  D  I

art

@Leto <3

some say the loving and the devouring are all the same thing

Messages In This Thread
better than none - by Anandi - 12-23-2019, 10:45 PM
RE: better than none - by Leto - 01-01-2020, 12:56 PM
RE: better than none - by Anandi - 02-12-2020, 09:38 PM