Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - change of pace

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Vaeri

as the moon ascends ,
the wolves come out to see the end

Home.

Where is home for her? Is it with the stars? The mountains? The Night markets? Denocte is where she was born and where she grew up, but the whole world calls to her now. She's never felt content in one spot, which is why she had to leave her Shed Star family. The desire to go out and explore was too great, it was like the universe was pulling her away.

And so Vae isn't sure how to answer the girl's question. It would be easy to say she lives in Denocte, but is it really 'home'? "I like to call the stars my home," she starts to explain, looking up at the sky. For now, it's hiding all of the constellations until nightfall. "But I suppose home is Denocte." It's said rather nonchalantly while she still looks up at the invisible stars. Maybe she does prefer Denocte with its wide expanse of open prairie and cliffs with clear views. If she lived here in Delumine, her view of the sky would be blocked by all the trees creeping in.

Her attention is brought back to the girl when she snaps her stick-sword back up at Vae, then begins to circle her. She's eyed closely, but there is a smirk on the child's lips as she speaks. At the end, it's revealed that Vae's punishment would be 'death'. At this, she can't help but laugh.

"You don't strike me as someone who's killed before," she replies, a smirk tugging at her own lips. "Are you sure you want to darken your heart so young?" Although it's clear this is all play, there is determination and fire in the girl's tone. It's like some kind of spunk and Vae loves it.

Perhaps she would be able to change the girl's mind. Vae may be older, but she had been a child not too long ago. Really, at heart, she hasn't changed one bit. So with an exhale, she conjures a small ball of white light and lets it float in between them. It fizzles out as quickly as it appeared, but maybe it would be enough to capture her attention. If only it were nightfall, then Vae could really show her what she's capable of.

@Maret <3
“Speaking.”

Messages In This Thread
change of pace - by Vaeri - 12-26-2019, 01:11 AM
RE: change of pace - by Maret - 12-29-2019, 11:26 PM
RE: change of pace - by Vaeri - 01-21-2020, 10:21 PM
RE: change of pace - by Maret - 02-10-2020, 11:53 PM
RE: change of pace - by Vaeri - 03-09-2020, 12:23 AM