Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Violence Is Not Normal, It Is Taught

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sea [PM] Posts: 39 — Threads: 12
Signos: 560
Inactive Character

THERE IS SOMETHING SCINTILLATING ABOUT THE WAY SHE TALKS TO ME.  Or, perhaps I am indubitably impressed  by the power of the sea, and how Lucinda commands it - commands me - without words.  I am not afraid, I am so much more than that; hungry, needful, and wanting.  

What is it that I want though?  

What is it that I crave?

The blood in my body is electric, “I am invigorated, this storm energizes me.”

Or maybe it is you.  

I am gravitating towards the black mare the same way Bexley Briar drew me in. Something in the way these beautiful (and very dangerous) women smile at me. I don’t know. She makes my teeth itch.  She makes me hot under the skin.  She makes my heart feel like a feral animal tearing at its cage desperate to get out.

Lucinda could melt glaciers, I think.  I believe this because I’m coming apart .. and in the best way possible.  Something within me, that has been frozen for a very long time, is thawing under the kelpie woman’s influence.  I’m shaking from adrenaline.  I’m sweating in the cold. And then, just like that...

You know … I know a way you can heal.

Something flutters up from the deep dark of my soul, a glimmering piece of lost treasure that floats up - up - up to the surface.  A smile from me is a rare gem, Lucinda could not have come at a better time.  I’m losing my ground in Delumine and the edge to my blade is dulling, what is the price to pay to sharpen my sword through Lucinda. I do not know what she wants - but I am encouraged to give it, if the price is right.

“I do not want to doubt you - perhaps that is where I am most afraid.  Can you, heal me?”

The sea is slowly swallowing us, maybe Lucinda is just trying to buy time.  If so, I hardly notice it.  I reach for her when she looks away, I can’t help it.  The deep black of her skin is as soft and as cool as I imagined it to be, I want to get lost inside of it. I want to be different in ways I can’t explain.  I want to be powerful, the way Lucinda is.  I know a way you can heal, it echoes in my mind.  

If you trust me.   Famous last words for almost everyone.  I pray they aren’t the last from Lucinda, I want to follow her to find the meaning behind her words.  My heart is pounding and my mind is racing.  My skin thrills with the prospect of the unknown - of the danger that could come of it.

“Can you trust me?”  Because I find that might be the better question to ask.

@Lucinda   

Messages In This Thread
Violence Is Not Normal, It Is Taught - by Emersyn - 01-05-2020, 03:10 AM
RE: Violence Is Not Normal, It Is Taught - by Lucinda - 01-12-2020, 12:01 AM
RE: Violence Is Not Normal, It Is Taught - by Lucinda - 01-23-2020, 09:33 PM
RE: Violence Is Not Normal, It Is Taught - by Lucinda - 04-05-2020, 03:28 PM
RE: Violence Is Not Normal, It Is Taught - by Emersyn - 04-06-2020, 10:06 AM
RE: Violence Is Not Normal, It Is Taught - by Lucinda - 04-12-2020, 10:13 PM
RE: Violence Is Not Normal, It Is Taught - by Lucinda - 05-30-2020, 04:53 PM