Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - i like myself (most of the time)

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aeranas

We'll leave this empty room, into the air we'll climb

The sea called to him once more, she kept beckoning for him to return for a visit. She ached for his stories so that she could sweep them away, into her depths. Aearanas spilled his sorrows to her, for he could speak them aloud to another living soul. The great weight of loss was still heavy upon the ghost's slender shoulders. Aeranas hunkered down into the gentle blue boa wrapped around his nape. It kept the biting wind away from his sensitive, porcelain face. He listened to the sea whisper sweet nothings to him, as he paid little mind to his surroundings. It was a kind of meditation for him to traipse the shoreline of Novus.  He had been to Delumine, and Terrastella and back thus far. It was an invisible path that he walked on, but it would be worn someday by his hooves. It was not until he noticed a sound that interrupted the wind and the whispers of the sea that he looked out into her vast horizon. The small frame of a pegasus was weaving over the rolling waves of the winter sea. Her wings were the colour of dark storm clouds against a gentle gray sky. Her bodice was finely chiseled marble, like his own. Upon her visage, she wore a mask of red that dripped into her mane. The storm clouds of her wings drifted into the banner trailing behind her. Aeranas had paused all his movements to watch and admire the pegasus who could kiss the very sky she was made of.

A blustering gale was exhaled from the invisible maw of the sea, and it knocked the small pegasus backward. Aeranas felt the familiar spike of panic that began to surge through every inch of his body. It surged and surged until he saw her regain some semblance of control, but his heart did not quiet. There was a warning in the whispers the sea spilled across her shoreline like the scattering of stars in the night sky. She struggled toward the shallow ends of the ocean, and then she plummeted like his stomach. Aeranas did not think before he was moving towards her. The bird that the sky had thrust into the unforgiving and greedy sea that he loved so dearly. The sea was no friend of the birds. The ghost let his limbs extend as long as they could, his muscles protested at the sudden movements he'd made. Even his beloved scarf could not keep him warm when the winter sea sank her fangs into his pale flesh. The bird made of storms was not far out, not as far as the gust had knocked her back. She struggled, but he thought it to be a half-hearted attempt. Concern surged through him as he fought the frigid, immovable sea. Aeranas did not stop until he reached the struggling woman, his long limbs allowed him to reach where she could not. His body trembled in the frigid water, the sea would not forgive him for plucking her prey from her maw.

Aeranas reached out to grab onto her, any place that he could take a hold of as she struggled and thrashed against the churning winter sea. He could feel his panic rising, he feared he would not be able to help her. Aerie was not ready to write another story of sorrow, the sea would not listen to this one. Tears had begun to drip into the sea as his heart raced on. Aeranas realized he would be unable to help her by trying to drag her, he was not a soldier. His lanky limbs were good for nothing but holding up his lithe frame. He dove beneath the waves, beneath her. The winter sea bombarded his face with her frigid breath, and when he resurfaced. If she had not moved, she would be able to sling herself across the broad side of his back. Then he could carry her back to the shore with ease.

"Speech" Thoughts

@Ismene | Aerie is so worried ;__; | 666 Words

Messages In This Thread
i like myself (most of the time) - by Ismene - 01-07-2020, 08:14 PM
RE: i like myself (most of the time) - by Aeranas - 01-07-2020, 09:27 PM
RE: i like myself (most of the time) - by Ismene - 01-07-2020, 09:44 PM
RE: i like myself (most of the time) - by Aeranas - 01-07-2020, 10:25 PM
RE: i like myself (most of the time) - by Ismene - 01-08-2020, 09:34 PM
RE: i like myself (most of the time) - by Aeranas - 01-11-2020, 11:54 AM