Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - i like myself (most of the time)

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline prestige [PM] Posts: 7 — Threads: 2
Signos: 250
Inactive Character

to be upside down is a fine way to be

The phantom who had saved her wept openly. Ismene's already fragile heart couldn't take it - they cried together. The whipping winds tore at her feathers and at his scarf - he was wearing a scarf. Blinking back tears, Ismene focused on the brilliant shock of color draped around his neck. She stepped forward when he went to touch her and buried her face in the cold, wet scarf. Such tenderness given so freely... she felt safe. Warm, even against the bone-chilling cold. How could he be relieved that she was fine when he didn't know her? All of her faults, shortcomings, failures. Was a useless life saved something to be grateful for? Pushing the needling thoughts out of her head, Izzie let out a shaky sigh. Her adrenaline was coming down and as her heartbeat began to slow she felt even colder. 

"I am no bird. I am not daring," she rebutted, but her words felt weak and lame against his poetry. Perhaps she was daring, but she was no bird. Just a storm. Nervous energy and thunderous noises - no more and no less. Shelter sounded lovely. Willing her stone-heavy limbs to move, Ismene followed Aerie back to the relative shelter of one of the caves further away from the shore. 

It was safer from the storm but just barely. The wind still licked at the mouth of the cave fiercely. If she cocked her ears just right it sounded like a shrill whistle or a lady's distant scream. Shuddering, Ismene made her way deeper into the cavern until the shrieking wind was a more distant memory. She felt awful. Her waterlogged wings added pounds and pounds of weight to her body. Although her frame was stocky and delicate in equal turns, she would have found this extra weight difficult to bear in the best of conditions. "Pardon me," she murmured, then slowly folded her legs beneath herself until she lay in a huddled, dripping mess on the sandy floor of the cave. The quiet of the cave versus the noise of the beach outside was such a stark contrast that her ears rung faintly. Seawater dripped from her everywhere. Ismene felt like she'd never be dry again. 

Messages In This Thread
i like myself (most of the time) - by Ismene - 01-07-2020, 08:14 PM
RE: i like myself (most of the time) - by Aeranas - 01-07-2020, 09:27 PM
RE: i like myself (most of the time) - by Ismene - 01-07-2020, 09:44 PM
RE: i like myself (most of the time) - by Aeranas - 01-07-2020, 10:25 PM
RE: i like myself (most of the time) - by Ismene - 01-08-2020, 09:34 PM
RE: i like myself (most of the time) - by Aeranas - 01-11-2020, 11:54 AM