Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - i like myself (most of the time)

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aeranas

We'll leave this empty room, into the air we'll climb

Aerie was surprised when she buried her face into his body, into the scarf his grandmother gave him. It still glowed with a warm, dull tone despite the fact that it was soaked. They had shared tears for a few moments before they made their way to the cave. She looked far more miserable than he was. Aerie had no wings, so he could not imagine what it was like. His flesh was frozen, but he would warm and dry much more quickly than Ismene. As they trailed toward the cavern, he kept his eyes focused upon the ground for anything he could use to start a fire. It was something he'd thankfully learned from the pirates who had ferried he and his grandmother into this new world far from home. The ghost gathered bits and pieces of things as they moved toward the cave. He found what he was looking for, thankful to have learned such a useful bit of knowledge. Aerie had been more focused on finding something to help warm and dry them, and so he did not respond to her denial of being daring. The ghost disagreed, but that could come later. Aeranas followed her into the cavern, she did not stop until they were deep in the belly of the cave. Where the stone turned to sand, and the howl of the wind could no longer be heard. He could feel the wind still, but he dared not start a fire so deep in the cavern.

Aeranas placed the items he'd gathered at a midway point between the sands where Ismene now lay, and the cavern. It was just close enough to the mouth of the gaping beast so that it might beckon the smoke away from them. It took him a few tries, but eventually, he started a small, but warm fire. His hope that the smoke would waft out of the cave had come true. He had placed it close enough no to smoke them both out of the cavern. Aeranas did not leave the fire's side until he was sure it would not go out quickly. Then he hung his scarf on a nearby rock to dry. It didn't take the scarf too long to dry usually, the material did not absorb water for too long. It is only then that he went to retrieve his companion. She was still resting upon the ground and he dropped his muzzle towards her nape, the gesture was as gentle as before. Aeranas then moved to rest beside her, in the hope that the warmth he'd gathered from the fire might be passed onto her. "Ismene, you are a very daring bird. If I had wings, the distance you flew at, above the sea? That is daunting. That is daring. You're free to disagree with me all you like, but that is the story I have written for you." He finally answered her, and silently hoped she would not pull away from him. He was still in shock about the whole incident.

Aerie was not surprised that he'd treated her like an old friend, that was how he treated everyone. He didn't care about others because he got something out of it, he simply cared. Life was precious, no matter who it was. "Why is it you flew out there? Why is it that you seemed as though you had resigned to give up before I jumped in?" Aerie asked her, there was not an ounce of judgment in his words. His pale rose gaze fell upon her, though he had to crane his neck to peer at her. Aearanas wanted her to warm up more than anything. "Do these dangerous trials make you feel alive? Are you one who will accept the consequences without a fight?" He asked her again because he wanted to understand.

Aerie cast his gaze down at the sand beneath them, he wondered if they should move beside the fire for now. It would probably warm them both up faster, he could not carry the heat of the fire with him for very long. "We should sit by the fire, we'll warm up faster that way." He tensed his muscles to stand, he moved in such a way that he would not disturb her. "And Ismene, if that is why you flew out there... Please don't do that again. I meant what I said about you. You are precious and even I, a stranger, care very deeply about you." He spoke, his eyes were sad but his words were no less genuine than before. Aerie waited for her to join him, if she refused to lie beside the fire then he would also deny it. Aerie did not want her to feel alone or frightened as he did now. It reminded him of the truth his grandmother had divulged to him before her passing. The world terrified him, but he had to keep going.

"Speech" Thoughts

@Ismene | I love Ismene ;__: Aerie wants to be friends with her <3 | 824 Words

Messages In This Thread
i like myself (most of the time) - by Ismene - 01-07-2020, 08:14 PM
RE: i like myself (most of the time) - by Aeranas - 01-07-2020, 09:27 PM
RE: i like myself (most of the time) - by Ismene - 01-07-2020, 09:44 PM
RE: i like myself (most of the time) - by Aeranas - 01-07-2020, 10:25 PM
RE: i like myself (most of the time) - by Ismene - 01-08-2020, 09:34 PM
RE: i like myself (most of the time) - by Aeranas - 01-11-2020, 11:54 AM