Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - miss these harbor lights [Icarus]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

every day it feels like I’m holding back an ocean

‘Are you okay?’ He had asked all those years ago, when Elena had been small and alone in the world, when she had needed someone to ask her that simple question for so long without looking at her in some sort of state of pity. And then  mound of snow proceeded to dump all over the poor boy just trying to help the little girl. And she laughed, despite herself, and she forgot. All there was was two little children, with young hearts, on a snowy day, the sky was bleak, but oh, oh the world was bright.

She is in another winter day, but it is not in the quiet of the Natural Bridge, but instead the hustle and bustle of the Dawn Court. She needed medical supplies, they were running low of particular herbs and a few types of flowers that may prove beneficial. Elena feels like a foreigner, far from the feeling of Altair making her laugh and complimenting her smile.

She is suddenly all to aware how long it has been since her childhood. She had had Lilli beside her, and Lilli on those nights when she would go into the trees of Taiga and find her crimson cousin to curl up against. It was then she had been able to hang onto her childhood for just a little longer.

Elena stands bare, her age and mortality laid out in front of her without Lilli to guard and protect her.

Her steps slow, leading to an occasional bump from one of the more ambitious passer bys. Elena feels overwhelmed. Hyaline had been busy, but not quite like this. It reminds her more of the wild of Pangea, or the chaos of the field. If she knew someone else was as weary of the populated capital like she was, Elena would have quickly sought him out and pulled him aside so they could laugh and watch as other people walked by, all while trying to dodge the mother with the children who were a handful, or the story teller trying to gain an audience, or the citizen who will catch anyones ears who wants to talk politics.

But, as it were, Elena has no idea of Icarus’s existence, and therefore she thinks this trip was entirely pointless and perhaps she may not meet a single friendly face.

Elena, do not be so quick to give up.

Here comes Icarus to the rescue. The smile she needed in a sea of frowns.

His voice is so friendly and so warm, the sunflower child is instantly relieved. “Oh thank goodness,” she breathes before she can stop herself. “I could use some,” she says, blue eyes look around herself. “Is the capital always this busy,” she says in surprise before her gaze turns to the man who had heard her pleas and not simply dismissed her. (That alone has earned him Elena’s friendship.) “I am trying to gather healing supplies for Terrastella,” she says and shuffles for a moment, not sure if she should burden a stranger. “Would you be willing to perhaps accompany me?”

* e l e n a
in the dark I’ll pray for the return of the light
the sunflower daughter of benjamin and beylani
medic of dusk.

@Icarus

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Messages In This Thread
miss these harbor lights [Icarus] - by Elena - 01-24-2020, 01:15 AM
RE: miss these harbor lights [Icarus] - by Icarus - 01-24-2020, 03:11 AM