Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Lets Strike A Fire And Let It Burn (Callynite)

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 116 — Threads: 20
Signos: 40
Dawn Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  10 [Year 500 Fall]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 30 — Atk: 30 — Exp: 54  |    Active Magic: Natural Energy Flow  |    Bonded: N/A

Callynite

"Just give me the world and I will give it back to you
Just tell me it hurts and I will fix it for you"
Cally was less than pleased by the male's obnoxious actions - and barely bothered with half opening an eye to watch him struggle out of the hole she'd buried him in. At least, it was a disinterested expression until she started to see a sudden panic start to take over. She didn't know where it may have come from but it was almost enough to force her to her hooves again, before noticing him glaring at her. Her eyes quickly closed - as if she hadn't just been caught watching him silently - only to here a squealing chatter and a snapping of teeth. Instantly both eyes were open as Gizmo came racing back to her and Bandit was practically spitting angrily at the stallion. Cally's breath left her in a heavy puff, but it was enough to catch Bandit's attention, and after the glider glared once more at Coy - he came racing towards her, cuddling into her folded legs and letting her settle back down.

Not before she sent Coy a disapproving look at his behavior, even as he shifted forms to dig himself out. Only once he was properly pulling himself free did she allow her eyes to close once again, her breath starting to even out to the sounds of irritated cawing and a flurry of movements. Her moment of rest was soon interrupted again, as angry vocals flooded the air instead of his previous obnoxious ones - and this time the irritation directed at her. Accusations of burying him. Exhausting herself to the point of oblivion. Her eyes snapped open and her head lifted up again as she met his annoyed look with a dark, exhausting glare of her own.

"I 'buried' you because you were trying to wake the entire forest. I'm exhausted Huehuecoyotl, your shouting earlier woke me up. It was either bury you - or chase you out of Viride. Burying was the least exhausting route." She paused, as a yawn was pulled from her, eyes dropping from a need of sleep, "Coy . . . please. I need some sleep, can we argue later? I've been on patrols practically non-stop lately." Her voice had softened, less accusation, more tired and wary. He was stalking towards her, and she took a deep breath, waiting for his next fighting words before he seemed to pause. At his touch, she leaned into it slightly, eyes starting to drop again, as she realized he was now laying in the grass too.

At his words, the gentle tones spoke softly, her features relaxed into a relieved smile, and exhausted, the little doe shifted closer to him, leaning against his side to share his warmth as a silent acceptance to his promise. Her head lowered once more - eyes closed, again - as she used his forelimbs as a pillow. This time the rest came to a lot easier, as her breathing smoothed out almost instantly, the doe having more than enough trust to fall asleep in his presence. It was one of the few signs that had the five sugar gliders peeking out of her bag. It was Amber and Willow however who moved this time, the two girls quietly climbing over Cally's back, staying close to their bonded, before quietly grooming the missed pieces of soil from the stallions pelt (even if Bandit was pouting from his perch on Cally - glaring at Coy all the while).

It wasn't a long nap for Cally - enough to help elevate some of the pressure she had put upon her own shoulders, but judging by the shift of the skyline, it was still an hour or two since she'd snuggled up to Coy before her eyes reopened. It was with a soft yawn, that she lifted her head, stretching out her neck in the process, before pressing her cheek gently against his shoulder, her expression a little more alert - a little more her now that she wasn't as sleep-deprived and exhausted, "I'm sorry." The words were whispered softly as she leaned more strongly against him, blinking the sleep from her eyes, "For burying you . . . that was mean." She added with a sleepy, half-awake yawn. "I know you don't like being dirty too."

It was likely the fact she was only just starting to rouse that had her words tumbling without her usual filter, the protective layer of sass and sarcasm that could hide her emotions so much better. As it stood, she was more content to wake up slowly cuddling into a certain stallion than try to put the act in place. "Thank you, though. For staying." She added after a moment, a slight half-smile touching her face, "It was easier to sleep . . . . with you nearby. I'm grateful. Could finally quiet my thoughts enough to rest." She was beginning to wake a touch more with each sentence, their context shifting slowly from more innocent and informal to her more typical speech pattern, "Mind you, if anyone finds out we were cuddling like this, I'll be forced to have the bushes throw berries at you whenever you walk past them. Red berries too - so you'll look like a walking holiday accessory." She threatened with obvious fondness and familiarity. But even with the threat in place, she didn't move away, instead of relaxing in his company, as she finally woke up fully - and decided to have him so close wasn't so bad.

And if she was being honest . . . . She had missed him too last season. So she couldn't complain him for searching her out - in fact she was delighted he had . . . if only he had picked a better time to do so though, like when she wasn't trying to get some needed rest so she could once more patrol the forest.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Huehuecoyotl

Artwork ©LupinHallow

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lets Strike A Fire And Let It Burn (Callynite) - by Callynite - 02-21-2020, 02:00 AM