Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Lets Strike A Fire And Let It Burn (Callynite)

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Chaosy [PM] Posts: 91 — Threads: 10
Signos: 0
Dawn Court Apothecary
Male [He/Him/His]  |  14 [Year 496 Winter]  |  16.2 hh  |  Hth: 25 — Atk: 15 — Exp: 36  |    Active Magic: Raven Shifter  |    Bonded: N/A

Perfectly Fabulous in every way

"Perhaps it's a caution." Coy smirked as he listened to her words. "And what if... just maybe... I want to throw caution to the wind and live in the moment with you?" He asked, grinning as she played with his mane and cuddled closer. Instead of speaking further, he found himself adjusting his frame to shelter her smaller one as close as he could. For a day that had started in utter chaos and being buried in the soil, he was more peaceful than he had been in quite some time. There was an ease to their conversation, even if she seemed to be waking enough to be less open and more shy.

"You're going to spoil me with such sweet words," Coy laughed as she tickled his shoulder and he shook his head. "I suppose I shall have to find additional ways to spoil you, little love. " As the words left his mouth, the stallion started to think about ways that he could do just that. He remembered the look on her face when he had tucked his own feather into her mane and that made him smile even more. So she seemed to prefer natural items to gaudy jewelry...

"Hey now, silly. There's nothing that could have driven me away. I like your obnoxiousness." Coy snorted. "Clearly... as you bury me and debate ways to torture me if I am annoying enough." He teased as he winked at her. This little doe seemed to be a champion at making him laugh and it was rather refreshing to be on someone's good side and comfortable enough to tease back and forth even when declaring feelings to the other being in the conversation. Some stallions might be put off by the fact that Cally seemed to be ignoring his words about his feelings... but Coy had learned that she was rather self-depreciating.

"I . . . I am sure when you find the right mare to give your heart too . . . she'll know how lucky she is to have your attention. A mare worthy of being at your side," Coy laughed. "Cally, Cally, Cally... Clearly I need to spell it out for you, little love. I have found the right female... And no matter what, you are more than worthy of being at my side. If anything, I need to make myself worthy of you and the exotic beauty and breathtaking powers that make you all the more special. You are the most special creature in Novus." He murmured, his words soft, but definitely loud enough to be heard easily. They were filled with the love that had been growing in his heart. While he was not holding his breath that she would listen and believe him, he had to explain himself so that she knew where he was coming from and what he was trying to say. "There is absolutely no one else. This I promise you, Callynite." Coy's words became fervent as he tried to make her understand and his cyan eyes stayed on her face the best that he could as he hoped that she would listen.

"You put a lot of faith in me taking care of you. I'm not a nurse-doe, you know. I'm certainly no medic, of any sort. I could make it all so, so much worse!" Coy laughed and shook his head. "I believe that we have had this conversation before... And I also believe that if something should actually happen that would require me to need assistance, you would do anything in your power to keep it up. You wouldn't let me die from poor care if you had a say in it." He teased, having a feeling that she would not actually let him die if the situation required her to care for him like that.

Coy listened to her explain her homeland and how courting worked with a smirk. Cutting into a tree would have him buried again or worse... and Cally was not vain enough for him to challenge everyone to prove himself.. nor the flowers. Though the flowers as a gift might not be all bad. When she moved on to the berries, he perked up a bit and gazed at her. "I have never heard of exchanging berries. Are they a specific type that doesnt grow here in Novus?" He asked, curiosity winning out as he found himself wanting to learn everything about her and her customs.

"I'll hold you to that promise, you know. I warn you now. I'll have you going stir crazy in a day with my demands. You can stay as close as you like . . . I . . . I don't mind. Though . . . perhaps not too close while we're dealing with the issues in the forest. I'd hate for you to be accused of anything just because you're keeping an eye out for me. Oh, let me check in with the forest, make . . . . sure everything . . . is still . . . . okay . . . . ." Coy snorted. "I keep my promises, particularly to those that I love in any form. And that number has officially grown by one." He winked before pulling her close while she was accessing her magic. The fact of what she can actually do made him take a breath of awe.

"Sorry . . . I don't want to miss something by being distracted by some pretty boy who showed up in my territory, It feels like a lot of us are on high alert . . . the forest is so ill, and with whoever is hunting on the soil . . . . It's been a rough time, and with my ability to commune, I'm being called for patrols frequently enough to keep in touch with the forest." Coy preened under her words and laughed softly. "I totally understand, little love. As long as I can be of help, even just to keep you safe while you commune with the forest." He murmured, his muzzle pressed to her nape again in a move that was mostly comfort for the pair of them.

"Sass"
@Callynite
Notes: <3
CREDIT to Maxxie for image

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lets Strike A Fire And Let It Burn (Callynite) - by Huehuecoyotl - 02-25-2020, 02:34 PM