Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - bells of death shall ring .

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Muirgen [PM] Posts: 49 — Threads: 11
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

a king walks among us

He wanders outside of his element - again. Foolish, foolish boy - man - when do you stop feeling like one and become the other? There is no one to ask. A good thing, really, because all he has with him is the silent prayer that he has been forgotten. A lost memory, a shadow that disappeared when Raum did. 

He thinks it could be the truth. Maybe they have forgotten. He does not ask Juniper of it. That golden one knew him by name, certainly, but there is always hope. The what-if.

What if I can live a normal life, he asks.

What if I don’t deserve to?

There is so much rage and sorrow in the eyes of the many. 

That’s alright, was the thinking then. That’s the way of things. They hate you for doing what must be done. They hate you for killing. 

Sure, alright. 

Lately, the beast has begun wondering if it was made for more than killing. Or if it was not made for killing at all. What if it was made for poetry, for soft words, and molded into something else? Remember nursemaid. Soft, soothing words. That was what it wanted. But the fighting, the killing - it was good. It was victorious. And no-one ever said it was wrong.

El Rey has found the most violent place in Delumine. 

Perfect.

There was a roaring, behind all that silence. Beyond it. The bird song and the gentle breeze, try as they might, could not hide it. And here was nature’s executioner, swollen with spring melt, pure pressure, pure rain, pure hurricane. 

It did not frighten him. 

It felt right.

He stepped closer, carefully. It would not do to slip. Some things were only for watching. Things that felt like you were not always you. This is a lesson the beast has learned, and must learn, and learn again. A not-you is always more dangerous than a you.

@Thana | Pan-Asian Delight
”in blood the blade, to its golden hilt, I’ll drown,“
I pledge you now, to death they all are bound,

Messages In This Thread
bells of death shall ring . - by El Rey - 03-03-2020, 09:57 PM
RE: bells of death shall ring . - by Thana - 03-06-2020, 06:39 PM
RE: bells of death shall ring . - by El Rey - 03-08-2020, 11:11 PM
RE: bells of death shall ring . - by Thana - 03-15-2020, 07:36 PM
RE: bells of death shall ring . - by El Rey - 03-20-2020, 09:45 PM
RE: bells of death shall ring . - by Thana - 03-24-2020, 05:39 PM
RE: bells of death shall ring . - by El Rey - 04-03-2020, 01:33 AM
RE: bells of death shall ring . - by Thana - 04-08-2020, 04:02 PM