Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fade to Black  - tap a message on to my skin,

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

maybe I'm crazy, I know you're danger
baby, you could be the death of me
Something is stirring in the night. Morrighan's not sure if it's the way the moon shines down in its fullest form or the flicker of falling stars. She finds herself wandering back to the markets again and again, but especially tonight. There is music as there usually is, but this time it's different. The beat of the drums is more powerful, as if there's more of a purpose in the rhythm of the music.

This becomes evident when she reaches the heart of it all to find a Shed-Star ritual. Of course they would be celebrating this night being the most powerful for magic. Morr will probably never understand their customs, but it's become the norm of Denocte. Crowds gather and press in on each other to watch. Some are dancing together in their own small groups, heads held up high as if to try and reach the sky. They close their eyes to focus on the music and the pure bliss of the moment.

Morrighan remembers being up on that stage and dancing for the first time. She remembers the scent of smoke and spices consuming her like a fire, while her own fire screams inside her. She can still feel the touch of Al'Zahra's lips on her skin. Even after she ran off, that had thankfully not been the last time they saw each other.

She told herself not to fall, not to get attached. To stuff it away, keep it at bay, to ignore it all. It makes her too vulnerable. Especially if she has a chance at being Regent some day, she can't chance making stupid mistakes.

Yet, she keeps finding her way back to Al'Zahra's touch. She can't stay away.

And soon, it seems this is the true reason for her finding her way here. She sees the mare among the dancers, her body moving so fluidly and her chains swishing by her sides. Morr's heart flutters and her cheeks feel warm. It's nothing she can control anymore and it scares her. But it overwhelms her until she can't stand it anymore.

But as she watches, there's something else that comes over her. She can see Al'Zahra swallow something and other dancers getting a little too close. It even looks like she's about to bite another and it doesn't seem to be a warning.

Fire immediately ignites at her feet, but she snuffs it out as she charges over to the dancers. She's quite aggressive as she pushes through the crowd and forces herself in between the one dancer and Al'Zahra. Jealousy is clear in her expression, but she could care less what others might think. When the one dancer glares at her, she pins her ears back and they slink back before she can display her fire again.

Thankfully, it hasn't caused too much of a disruption in the Shed-Star's ritual. Morrighan attempts to join in on the dancing while turning around to look at Al'Zahra. When usually she'd be at a loss for words, she is too frustrated to focus on the fluttering in her chest.

"What is this?" she asks with a growl, keeping her voice low so the conversation is only between the two of them. "They pass around weird shit and just get all close? I don't like that." Perhaps she's too possessive, but tonight, the others would learn that Al'Zahra is her's.

She remembers the first time they danced and how she ran away in panic. Right now, she's not afraid. If anything, the anger and adrenaline just make her dance more. She is still pressed up against the bodies of the other dancers, but she makes the effort to let her hip brush up against Al'Zahra's. With a smirk on her lips, her eyes tell another story.

“Speaking.”

@"Al'Zahra" <3

Messages In This Thread
tap a message on to my skin, - by Al'Zahra - 03-20-2020, 05:36 PM
RE: tap a message on to my skin, - by Morrighan - 03-21-2020, 12:30 AM
RE: tap a message on to my skin, - by Al'Zahra - 03-24-2020, 07:54 PM
RE: tap a message on to my skin, - by Morrighan - 03-24-2020, 10:48 PM
RE: tap a message on to my skin, - by Al'Zahra - 03-28-2020, 08:17 PM
RE: tap a message on to my skin, - by Morrighan - 03-30-2020, 12:09 AM
RE: tap a message on to my skin, - by Al'Zahra - 04-08-2020, 08:44 PM
RE: tap a message on to my skin, - by Morrighan - 04-08-2020, 09:29 PM