Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Judged  - Combatives

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

Although we had both left around the same time from the Dawn Court, we arrived quite separately, which leaves this battle to be a long time coming. In that time, so much has happened. For one, I've received the armor that I thought had been lost in Helovia, and I found Damaris on top of Veneror Peak -- and those are just a few of the major changes that have happened! Finally, I am present and ready to fight the pale unicorn with the turquoise tattoos.

Martin arrives before I do, and has apparently decided on a place for us to do battle. Looking at the landscape, I see that he's chosen well, for both our sakes. The ground appears relatively flat and solid, compared to some other areas that are patched with holes from rodents like chipmunks and moles. The grass around us provides a soft arena for us, though we certainly aren't prevented from stepping outside it. Damaris follows quietly behind me, tagging along at my heels. Our conversations have been extensive and nearly non-stop, but now she is silent to let me focus. Except... As always, I will be here if you need me. Do be safe, I've only just gotten you back. I nod, knowing that at some point I will call on her to assist me. After all, I'm quite out of practice.

The creme unicorn stands silently, just ten meters or so away from me. It's just enough to get a running start for a few strides. Martin's leaner body will aid him in escaping from me, while I have the advantage of weight behind my attacks, and armor to assist in my protection. In truth, I'm not used to fighting with my armor; it had only just been made when I left Helovia. The metal is lighter than I expected, but still an additional weight to slow me. I can only hope that the defense it provides will be worth more than the speed I'd have without it. It clinks and shines in the sunlight.

Without speaking a word, or letting loose a wild battle cry, I leap forward, cantering toward my opponent. Though it is difficult to see when my eyes are naught but silver, a fire is lit there within. It has been ages since I fought anybody, and I feel the lust for battle surge within my breast. My drink-stained teeth are bared, leading my attack only just behind the draconian spikes that line the bridge of my face. Just before I arrive I lift my front legs from the ground to assist in the might behind my attack. I aim for the side or crest of his neck, hoping to rip his skin or even just knock the breath and balance from him with the force of my momentum and bulk. I land then to my right and turn my skull to face his left, nostrils flared and sides heaving from the increased effort I'm putting forth.

WC: 497
Tag: @Martin @Sid @inkbone @kay

Rosti thoughts | Rosti speech | Damaris mindspeak

Summary: Rosti arrives with his armor on, accompanied by Damaris, his hellhound companion. At first he stands opposite Martin at the 10m that was specified, then he canters toward Martin and half-rears, attacking the side and/or crest of Martin's neck, on Martin's left. Then, whether he succeeds or not, he returns all 4 hooves to the ground and turns his head toward Martin.

Attack Used: 1
Attack(s) Left: 1
Block Used: 0
Block(s) Left: 1
Item(s) Used: None (except his armor that he arrived with)

Response Deadline: July 22

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Messages In This Thread
Combatives - by Martin - 07-17-2017, 01:44 AM
RE: Combatives - by Rostislav - 07-19-2017, 08:43 PM
RE: Combatives - by Martin - 07-22-2017, 11:37 PM
RE: Combatives - by Rostislav - 07-23-2017, 07:47 PM
RE: Combatives - by inkbone - 07-28-2017, 01:43 AM
RE: Combatives - by inkbone - 08-13-2017, 03:22 AM