Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Judged  - Combatives

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Rostislav

Though the time it takes for a battle to take place is short, the battle glory, the heat of the moment, is enough to make time slow and seem like what takes seconds is really taking minutes - hours even. The scent of the two stallions' building sweat, their heart rate rising upward as their efforts increase. The blood through my veins pounds in my mind as my teeth fail to make contact. They snap together with a loud 'clack!' and I grunt as I land, not appreciating the jolt through my jaw. The tremor in my legs is not too great from impact, which I'm thankful for. Looking toward my opponent I see the faintest scrape along his chest where his neck joins - indicative that my hooves made contact.

The grin that appears on my face may be confused with a grimace, it is tainted and jagged, like an open sore on my muzzle. It wasn't a huge wound to give Martin, but it was better than nothing. Despite my solid standing, the pale unicorn tries to unbalance me by catching his leg on mine. It works, and as he lunges away, I descend toward the ground, my knees buckling and crashing into the earth. I grunt again, knowing that I will have abrasions there. With a loud groan I raise to my feet again, all the inertia that I'd come in with stripped of me.

Are you okay? Should I help? Damaris's concerned voice enters my mind. I can almost feel her digging her claws into the earth, ready to leap after the golden-horned stallion. No, it's ok. He couldn't handle you anyway. She chuckles, as do I, and I turn around to face my escaping opponent. I charge him again, ears pinned again, but what my attack IS is not apparent. Until I've almost made contact, it may appear like I'm just running madly at him, except that within a few yards I lower my crown, pointing both horns and spikes at my leaner opponent. I swing my head toward my right, hoping to scratch or stab Martin in the side of his shoulder or ribcage - whatever he might leave open to me, unguarded from onslaught. I lift my head up as I go, then move past him, leaving him behind me only long enough to get away, then I wheel in preparation for his retaliation.

WC: 398
Tag: @Martin @Sid @inkbone @kay

Rosti thoughts | Rosti speech | Damaris mindspeak

Summary: Rosti is successfully tripped and falls to his knees. He gets up and charges again at Martin, this time edging to Martin's right, and swings his horns at the right side of Martin's body. Then he moves away past Martin and turns around to face him again.

Attack Used: 2
Attack(s) Left: 0
Block Used: 0
Block(s) Left: 1
Item(s) Used: None (except his armor that he arrived with)

Response Deadline: July 26

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Messages In This Thread
Combatives - by Martin - 07-17-2017, 01:44 AM
RE: Combatives - by Rostislav - 07-19-2017, 08:43 PM
RE: Combatives - by Martin - 07-22-2017, 11:37 PM
RE: Combatives - by Rostislav - 07-23-2017, 07:47 PM
RE: Combatives - by inkbone - 07-28-2017, 01:43 AM
RE: Combatives - by inkbone - 08-13-2017, 03:22 AM