Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - the world we close our eyes to see

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Katherine [PM] Posts: 60 — Threads: 8
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

hold me on your heart as the brave sea holds the foam

“Samaira,” he says, and her heart stumbles, and trips and falls. She tries to pick it up and dust the sand and the salt off of it, and can feel it fluttering in her chest like a fledgling trying desperately to fly. His voice is perfect, and just the way she has kept remembering it, over and over again, in all of the ways her thoughts have tried to remind her of him.

For a long moment, stretching between them like clouds of silk and candy floss, she can only watch him. Her moon-silver eyes can only take him in, wide and bright and full of equal measures of disbelief and blooming euphoria—a high and comforting warmth she has not known in quite some time.

Samaira can only think of all the times her heart has longed to see him smile, her eyes have wished to look upon his own, her skin ached to press close to his. Now that he is here, she cannot imagine wasting anymore of this precious time.

A breath escapes her, half-laugh and half exhale, a smile turning up the corner of her lips. Tears prick at the corner of her eyes like liquid stars until the pegasus has crossed the distance left between them and pulled Asterion into a close embrace. “My spirit had forgotten its wings without you, Asterion,” she whispers to the air around them. Oh, how it soars again. How she wants to take to the skies and fly.

She realizes too late how quickly the truth has slipped from her lips, how easily. Warmth rises to the woman’s cheeks. Samaira steels herself with a heavy breath and slowly pulls away to look into his midnight eyes. She is but a star swimming in the depths of his gaze, searching for her place in the sky.

“I'm sorry for my boldness, I don't know where it comes from,” Samaira says, dark lashes fluttering against her cheeks. But oh, she cannot take the words back. She would not take them back, not now, not after all this time. You have always been the one everything about me trusts the most, she thinks, and cannot help but wonder if her slip is a sign to finally say all of the things she has left unspoken between them.

take me far away to the hills that hide your home
| @Asterion <3

[Image: 13481303_KpOIcOG7drxHK9U.png?1556314753]
we'll fulfill our dreams
and we'll be free

Messages In This Thread
the world we close our eyes to see - by Samaira - 04-03-2020, 04:25 PM
RE: the world we close our eyes to see - by Asterion - 04-06-2020, 10:23 PM
RE: the world we close our eyes to see - by Samaira - 05-02-2020, 06:56 PM
RE: the world we close our eyes to see - by Asterion - 05-16-2020, 08:48 PM
RE: the world we close our eyes to see - by Asterion - 07-03-2020, 10:14 AM
RE: the world we close our eyes to see - by Asterion - 07-31-2020, 03:03 PM