Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Across the great unknown

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Mephisto

Mephisto
dusk court warrior

H
er smile comes easily, for it is impossible not to get caught up in the rush of excitement which Indrani presents while speaking of her sea.  She can see the love and the wonder, closing her eyes for a moment and almost picturing the corals bright and bold.  If only Mephisto could, she would marvel at the diverse world beneath the waves.  It was impossible for one to know what lie beyond the surface without witnessing it firsthand, so she would never know – only hear through stories.  Shame, she thought… but then, Indrani would never know the sky the way she did.  Life’s constraints could be a cruel thing.

“It is true – this land is as beautiful as it is dangerous.  The stars are like this… different formations, but bright and warm.  This is certainly one of the better faces I’ve seen on this land.”  She would miss it too, though if she missed the stars too much, the night sky was always open for her to explore.

As they stood in the magic’s cradle, a thick fog began to roll in, curling around their ankles with a whisper of magic.  Mephisto’s warg leaps within her, a whisper edging in her mind.  It’s coming…  the warning was brief, but enough for her body to tense in anticipation.  ”Indrani…” she repeated the name with an apologetic smile.   “I am Mephisto.  As much as I would love to hear more about your sister, I fear our time here grows short.  The magic is coming.”

In the distance, there is a roar like a distant train, concern edging in her eyes as she scans the horizon.  It grows louder as it approaches them, the starfield which stands beneath their feet trembling.  In mere minutes, this world would break apart – and Mephisto knew from experience, it would steal away those who remained, turning them under as the land folded in on itself – trapping them until such time as the land would shift once more.   “Come.”  Her words carry a warning as she turns toward the south.   “to Terrestella then – it’s not safe here anymore.”

As the magic tosses and turns in their wake, they flee this place, Mephisto flicking one final look at the land of stardust with a whimsical sigh before heading for somewhere more familiar.

@Indrani | "speaks"
rallidae

ooc:  sorry for closing this out so soon, but I think the posts are due by June 1 for credit… we can continue this at Terrestella if you want, or we can start a new thread in the new season <3  Definitely want to get to know her more

Messages In This Thread
Across the great unknown - by Mephisto - 04-15-2020, 01:15 AM
RE: Across the great unknown - by Indrani - 05-26-2020, 07:21 AM
RE: Across the great unknown - by Mephisto - 05-26-2020, 07:41 AM
RE: Across the great unknown - by Indrani - 05-28-2020, 07:46 AM
RE: Across the great unknown - by Mephisto - 05-30-2020, 04:17 AM
RE: Across the great unknown - by Indrani - 05-30-2020, 06:21 PM
RE: Across the great unknown - by Mephisto - 05-31-2020, 02:01 AM