Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - of gods and monsters

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 189 — Threads: 28
Signos: 110
Night Court Battlemage
Male [Him/his/he]  |  Immortal [Year 500 Summer]  |  16.3 hh  |  Hth: 37 — Atk: 43 — Exp: 74  |    Active Magic: Shadow-Forging  |    Bonded: Thia (Shadow-creature)

T  E  N  E  B  R  A  E

On my body, the grace of shadows
and in my heart: all Hells

Tenebrae follows his queen across the throne room. His brothers leave, the sound of their footfalls hushed as they sweep out the main doors. Instantly the room is brighter without their shadows there to blot out light. 

The monk’s own shadows are restrained, they wrap about his torso like armour, falling from his shoulders akin to a cape. Yet they do not reach out into the room, he does not allow their hunger to grow, though it longs to. His magic yearns to reach out into the light of the room and pluck each ray out of existence.

Antiope leads them into a smaller room. It is more casual, quieter, the closer walls muting echoes in a way the throne room did not. In the darkness, the crimson of her ribbons reminds him so much of Maeve. Yet where the child’s ribbons were that of fire, Antiope’s seem to suggest something more tribal. 

His Sovereign speaks of war and Tenebrae dips his head in agreement, a small grin slipping across his lips. Darkness plays in the corner of such a smile. There is no part of him that the darkness does not press upon. Shadow magic is in his bones, it is knit into his ever tissue. “And that is a blessing, my Queen. Long may that continue to be the case. Though we train for it, we hope to never have to see it.” The Night Order always seeks peace. It is foolish of any Court to not be ready for war, as the veil of civilisation is thin, it can rupture so devastatingly fast. Tenebrae and his brothers longed to never see beyond that paper-thin veil.

“Though war is absent, I can offer protection and maintain order for your citizens. Often too, residents of both Denocte and the other Courts have come to us seeking counsel. The monks are known for being studious, careful and wise with our advice. We can offer such to your warriors and citizens alike. I suppose, my Queen, the question is what I can do for you. What roles are vacant in Denocte that you would like me to help fill? It would be an honour to serve you and my Court in any way I can.”

@Antiope  <3

~   ~   ~   ~   ~

Messages In This Thread
of gods and monsters - by Tenebrae - 04-18-2020, 07:29 AM
RE: of gods and monsters - by Antiope - 04-19-2020, 08:37 PM
RE: of gods and monsters - by Tenebrae - 04-27-2020, 01:13 PM
RE: of gods and monsters - by Antiope - 06-15-2020, 04:54 PM
RE: of gods and monsters - by Tenebrae - 07-20-2020, 11:06 AM
RE: of gods and monsters - by Antiope - 11-05-2020, 05:07 PM
RE: of gods and monsters - by Tenebrae - 11-07-2020, 02:56 PM
RE: of gods and monsters - by Antiope - 11-14-2020, 07:07 PM