Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - same soul [summer]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

i think we've loved a thousand lives
i try to find you every time
As the sun dips below the horizon, the markets are coming alive with the real festivities of the evening. Yet again, they are hosting another seasonal festival, except this time there are games and more performances involved. It seems some of it is coming to a close to make way for the bigger acts on the stage tonight, but there is only one Morrighan is keeping her eye out for.

It's felt like ages have gone by since she had last been with Al'Zahra. So much has happened since too- becoming Regent, somehow regaining immortality.

But then, there is something else. Something she hasn't told a soul, not even Antiope. Not even Bram. At first, she tried to convince herself she was imagining things, but it became very clear after how sick she kept feeling.

Is she ready to be a mother? To start a family? Probably not, but this is the reality she's living now. Just as she's taken on the responsibility of Regent and looking over the Court, she'll do the same with a new life. Somehow.

In truth, she doesn't feel confident doing it alone. Her eyes scan the crowd with a little more urgency now. The butterflies that typically flutter in her chest are even worse today. It's a mixture of her eagerness to see Zahra again, but also to tell her the news. How will she react? It's hard to tell with her sometimes with that wildness in her eyes. She is like the very fire she breathes to life with her magic.

When Morrighan finally does see her, it's like the breath is knocked out of her once again. It appears she may have just finished her dance and this may be as good of a time as any. The Regent trots forward with a lump in her throat, but hides her nerves with the familiar comfort of flames.

"Zahra," she says, although it's more of a sigh as she reaches out to caress her neck. She closes her eyes and breathes in the familiar scent of smoke and spices, always complimenting the smell of ash and charcoal that follows her.

There are many things she wants to say to her. She wants to ask where she's been and why she's been away so long. Her instincts always kick in and she wants to be protective and selfish. For now, she tries to keep this locked away. There would be time to ask those questions later.

"I-" she stops, wanting to finish her sentence with "I've missed you". Everything in her has. Her body has craved her touch, the fire has ached to steal her warmth and get a taste for her skin again. Can she say this?

Morrighan clears her throat and looks around for a break in the crowd. "Walk with me?"

She wants to tell her many things, but not when so many ears may be listening.

“Speaking.”

@"Al'Zahra" <3

Messages In This Thread
same soul [summer] - by Morrighan - 04-20-2020, 12:09 AM
RE: same soul [summer] - by Al'Zahra - 04-27-2020, 04:54 PM
RE: same soul [summer] - by Morrighan - 05-25-2020, 12:25 PM
RE: same soul [summer] - by Al'Zahra - 05-29-2020, 04:07 PM
RE: same soul [summer] - by Morrighan - 06-03-2020, 11:04 PM
RE: same soul [summer] - by Al'Zahra - 06-11-2020, 08:24 PM
RE: same soul [summer] - by Morrighan - 06-16-2020, 09:32 PM
RE: same soul [summer] - by Al'Zahra - 07-01-2020, 04:17 PM
RE: same soul [summer] - by Morrighan - 07-03-2020, 11:18 PM