Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - same soul [summer]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

you are the only hope for me too
i just wanted you
Maybe Morr didn't exactly know what she was hoping for. Al'Zahra has always been a wild soul. Her movements are reckless both in dance and lust. There had always been a danger present and maybe that was destined to be their downfall.

Because what she sees in the woman's expression is disappointment. She sees no joy from the thought of a child being born or from them possibly becoming a family. All of those hopes and wishes are washed away the moment the woman says "oh."

Part of her wants to be angry. She wants to scream- maybe to Al'Zahra or the sky as if the universe is to blame. But then she feels it all disappear as the mare's lips brush against her cheek. It's a reassurance it seems, but Morrighan can't help but wonder if it's a fake gesture. Eyes don't lie.

Al'Zahra asks if she's chosen a name and it breaks Morr from the swirling mess of her thoughts. It takes her off guard for a moment and she has to think. Several names had come across her mind, but she wasn't too sure which would be the right one. The last thing she had planned was to become a mother, after all.

"I was thinking Maeve if they're a girl," she manages to say, her voice wavering. She quickly glances at Al'Zahra to see what she thinks. "After my grandmother." There are other names she's thought of, but none have stuck quite like her grandmother's. Since Morrighan isn't typically sentimental, she's not sure how she feels.

Being at her home of Ourania felt like ages ago when it had been years in reality. She doesn't think of her family much anymore, but once and a while a memory of her grandmother slips through. The woman managed to bring out the softer side of Morrighan, but their time together had been too short.

However, the child's name isn't as important to the Regent right now. Not only is she terrified of carrying a child and being responsible in that way, she has to raise them too. While the Court would likely be supportive (or she'd make them), she'd prefer if Al'Zahra could stay in the picture.

There is a knot in her stomach as Morr kisses her back. "Will you stay with me?" Maybe she knows already what the answer is. Even as she pulls away, the words feel heavy on her heart. "We can raise them together here." Morr's gaze turns to the walls around them from the buildings of the markets. In the distance, there is a low buzz of the normal traffic. It feels like it's worlds away from this alleyway and not just around the corner.

She wants to hope that Al'Zahra with such a wild soul could settle down. Morr would spoil her with as many jewels and fine wine- at least as much as she could buy. Maybe she'd spoil the kid too.

It starts to feel like a pipe dream.

“Speaking.”

@"Al'Zahra" <3

Messages In This Thread
same soul [summer] - by Morrighan - 04-20-2020, 12:09 AM
RE: same soul [summer] - by Al'Zahra - 04-27-2020, 04:54 PM
RE: same soul [summer] - by Morrighan - 05-25-2020, 12:25 PM
RE: same soul [summer] - by Al'Zahra - 05-29-2020, 04:07 PM
RE: same soul [summer] - by Morrighan - 06-03-2020, 11:04 PM
RE: same soul [summer] - by Al'Zahra - 06-11-2020, 08:24 PM
RE: same soul [summer] - by Morrighan - 06-16-2020, 09:32 PM
RE: same soul [summer] - by Al'Zahra - 07-01-2020, 04:17 PM