Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - my foolish heart

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

take this burden away from me
and bury it before it buries me

She could be a legend, if the story came from the right mouth, was told the right way. Her story has grief in it, has great and terrible love, has vicious villains, and promises and other such things. But what her story also has is her own darkness – yes, she has wept over the broken bodies of her parents buried six feet under, once begged them to come back, begged while life went on around her and she kept getting older and older until she out aged her own parents. Yes, she did all this, but she also once broke a boy’s heart (“Can I see you again?” “No.”) And another because she thought it was all his fault for making her do it. 

Yes, she once stood by helpless as he maimed her father, wailed and gnashed her teeth at the loss of him. Yes, she did all this, but she also reached for another man’s heart with one already in her hand because he made a fool’s mistake of looking her in the eyes and asking for her name. 

She is not a myth that deserves telling.

There is a wandering soul that blows in on a Delumine summer breeze.

The meadow is just as lovely as she remembers it that day she had met Lie. The grass is deep and green and smooth in the bright sunlight of summer, interspersed with wisps of pale yellow, the grass that never made it back from winter in time for spring. It tickles against her knees and parts the way for her to move. At once she is content, finding comfort in the caress of the grass against her golden, sunshine skin. 

It easy to think, here, that no monster has ever touched her, that no monster would ever touch her again. That she was stronger now. Elena knows this isn't true, that the monsters will always be stronger than she is. But, it is nice to pretend. 

Elena is a pretender. She has taken the mask that sits on her beside and placed it over her face to match perfectly in the way it smiles and laughs. It was almost terrifying how Elena has learned to hide beneath the emotions to look to the face of another and wear their smiles.

The delicate angles of her face are soft with sunlight. Dawn has always enchanted the girl, with its meadows and its forests, if her heart did not sing with Dusk perhaps she would have chosen Delumine. She finds herself here all the same in the meadow, collecting the flowers that grow there to take back to Terrastella and to the hospital. Blue eyes rove over the different flowers, remembering her training back when she had been an apprentice in Paraiso. 

Boneset. Trout Lilly. Turtlehead. Evening Primrose. 

Elena collects all of the flowers and herbs she can find, knowing they would prove beneficial to the Dusk Hospital. It is when she spots a group of particularity beautiful flowers up ahead in a small grove up ahead. They did not look useful for healing, but Elena finds them beautiful all the same and reminiscent of the flowers she and her mother would find when she had been young.
It is only when she bends down to invite their fragrances in that she comes across a surprise, pulling her head back with an “Oh!”

Dawn, it would seem, was always offering her chances for all sorts of adventures.

so take away this apathy
bury it before it buries me

@Ipomoea

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Messages In This Thread
my foolish heart - by Elena - 04-21-2020, 03:48 PM
RE: my foolish heart - by Ipomoea - 05-17-2020, 05:09 PM
RE: my foolish heart - by Elena - 06-05-2020, 03:44 PM
RE: my foolish heart - by Ipomoea - 06-20-2020, 02:07 PM