Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - my foolish heart

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

take this burden away from me
and bury it before it buries me

There is no denying there is a heaviness to Elena now. She has changed, and she is still deciding if it is for the better. She was still quick to smile, but she was still quicker to grow stoic. Whether or not Novus and Terrastella (and boys with shadows, boys with stars) are to be blamed is difficult to tell. Just a half of a year has Elena been here and she wonders now if she went back and found Kensa, delved back into the world of politics if she would even be recognized, if she could even do it. She holds flowers with her ready to heal, and perhaps it would kill her to know now that all Pangea did now was burn and hurt.

Clouds bounce by with dreams Elena has forgotten on this summer’s day. Dreams flying with the birds above her on feathered wings. And she has had dreams of swimming below the ocean with the dolphins she had seen on the coast of Paraiso. (The place her parents went, the place her parents fell in love.) She had dreams of being a mountain, strong, tall. She had dreams of being a tree, ever changing, apart of the sky and the earth. She had dreams of becoming a lake, rippling, and glistening in the sunlight.

And she has dreamed of the sun.
Of fire.

But they float away with the clouds across the blue sky and Elena is left behind once more.  

How stunning, the way the heart blooms and bursts.
She feels like there are wildflowers caught in her throat.

‘Little girls need sunshine and adventure,’ her father had told her. And maybe that is why she stands bright in the sun with a surprised grin on her face peering at the once slumbering man before her.  With practiced grace, Elena takes a step or two back from him, silver blue eyes widened slightly, but quickly shining with humor when she realizes there is no danger here.

He rises to his feet and Elena cannot help but be in awe of how beautiful he is. If there was somebody who could embody the feeling, the emotions, she had whenever she stepped into Dawn, it would be the man before her. Little to Elena’s knowledge. that she has just stumbled upon its leader. Blue eyes blink away her surprise and laughter finds her lips. It would seem they had both startled each other.

Flowers shed from him in a way that reminds Elena of the way Paraiso’s great trees would dapple the world every spring time with blossoms. It was those times that you could find Lilli and Elena braising the petals and flowers into the silver mane of Alvaro and Malachi and Marcelo, much to Alvaro’s dismay. She is unaware of the stag that watches close by.

“No, no, please, I should apologize,” she offers to him in lilting lyrics that fall like the flowers from his skin. “You were pleasantly sleeping and here I was collecting flowers,” she gives him a tone of faint silver bell laughter as she places the healing herbs down by her feet. “I’m a medic,” she adds. She turns those blue eyes sweetly to him. “I hope you don't mind, I am from Terrastella. I’m Elena.”

so take away this apathy
bury it before it buries me

@Ipomoea

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Messages In This Thread
my foolish heart - by Elena - 04-21-2020, 03:48 PM
RE: my foolish heart - by Ipomoea - 05-17-2020, 05:09 PM
RE: my foolish heart - by Elena - 06-05-2020, 03:44 PM
RE: my foolish heart - by Ipomoea - 06-20-2020, 02:07 PM