Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - cathedral bell

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Corrdelia

i'm confused by the shapes in the dark
the thoughts in my head
i know i'm alive, i thought i was dead

There is a part of her that feels like she's betrayed someone or the swamp itself for leaving. Terrastella and that swamp had treated her well for nearly a year. The house she kept to herself in had its own voice and feelings too and it broke her heart to leave.

But she had to, she had no choice.

After the terrible tragedy in the forest when Hāsta was torn apart, she had to find justice. She wanted to find the culprit and - well she didn't know what she would do. Hex them? Maybe. Trying to reason or understand their motives is highly unlikely at this point.

Seasons have passed now and unfortunately, no luck on that front. With a heavy heart, she decided to leave Terrastella and her home behind to settle down in the Dawn Court. She isn't sure if it's temporary or not yet, but it's as if Hāsta is keeping her here. Something about her spirit is telling her the forest is where she's meant to be right now.

And since everything, Corr has stitched Hāsta back together in some horrid attempt to preserve her. Even as she sets up her windchimes and various lawn decorations, she talks to the bird. Corr's sanity has not been the same since it happened, but her grip on reality has slipped so far already. To her, the crow still speaks and so she talks back. Just like old times.

The crow is giving her sass about her choice of decorations and so Corr snaps back, "You have no sense of style, you old bird!" and insists on putting up her wreath of garlic on the door. "This is fashionable and functional. It keeps the vampires and evil spirits away." The mare steps back to look at her door and nods with approval. The smell of the garlic is still as strong as when she first picked it.

She can hear footsteps behind her and it makes her ears twitch. She spins around and sees a woman before her and suddenly gets flustered.

"Oh, hello! Um, have you come for a reading? Oh wait, I'm not set up here…" she trails off, realizing she hasn't quite built a client base in Delumine just yet. She considers herself a talented psychic, but isn't sure if her name has gotten around too far yet. Corr realizes she's been pacing back and forth in front of the woman. "Ah, can I help you?" She offers a smile and stops her pacing.

Hāsta (or what's left of her- she literally looks like a stuffed crow) has been propped up against the house facing them. However, she now appears to have slumped over slightly. In Corr's mind, the crow is mocking her, so she looks over and glares. Typical Hāsta.

"Speaking."
credits

@Elena <3

Messages In This Thread
cathedral bell - by Corrdelia - 04-24-2020, 12:15 AM
RE: cathedral bell - by Elena - 04-29-2020, 11:45 PM
RE: cathedral bell - by Corrdelia - 05-26-2020, 10:51 PM
RE: cathedral bell - by Elena - 06-07-2020, 02:57 PM
RE: cathedral bell - by Corrdelia - 06-13-2020, 11:30 PM
RE: cathedral bell - by Elena - 06-29-2020, 09:54 PM
RE: cathedral bell - by Corrdelia - 07-03-2020, 09:38 PM
RE: cathedral bell - by Elena - 07-18-2020, 11:06 PM