Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - cathedral bell

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Corrdelia

i'm confused by the shapes in the dark
the thoughts in my head
i know i'm alive, i thought i was dead

The curiosity in the woman's voice has Corr feeling giddy. Doing readings for others brings her joy, but so does having others feel genuinely interested. She can tell this woman is one of those and it makes her smile. At the question of seeing the future, she chuckles.

"In a way, yes," she answers. "Tarot is more of an intuitive art; a window into the soul. However, the other forms of divination out there can be helpful in getting an idea of the future. There are some whose magic even allows them to see visions, but I just use my divination tools, empathy and intuition."

Corr's title is quite long, yes, so it doesn't surprise her that Elena doesn't want to call her the entire thing. Although, when the woman asks where she moved from, she realizes she left out another part of her title. She'll have to start getting used to saying "resident psychic and crow witch of Delumine".

Corr places the kettle by the fire to heat up the water inside. "I used to live in the swamp of Terrastella. Since the time I came to Novus, actually. I-" she starts to explain, but her mind goes fuzzy when thinking back to exactly why she moved. Had something happened? Had it just been fate bringing her here like it did before when she arrived in Novus? Her head hurts the more she tries to remember this piece of it, so she just leaves it out. "I'm starting to get used to forest living, although it's certainly much different."

Thankfully, Elena agrees to a cup of tea, although Corr had already set everything up either way. It's a drink that's good for the body and mind, which she feels she could use right now for herself anyway. This way at least, she can share a cup with her new friend.

While waiting for the water to be ready, she realizes that Hāsta is still sitting outside and hasn't joined them. The silly bird didn't even hear the compliment that Elena gave her! Corr quickly steps back outside to bring the bird in and helps her perch onto the counter. "Our new friend complimented you and you're being rude!" she chastises the bird, shaking her head. Of course, there is no actual response from the crow, but in Corr's mind, her companion is grumbling as usual. She pays no mind to it and goes back to prepping the tea.

Once the water is all set, she pours it into two mugs and places the tea in them to steep. It's her own personal blend of lavender and vanilla, so she hopes that Elena will enjoy it as much as she does. As she walks over to serve the drink to the mare, Elena asks about getting a reading of her own. It makes Corr so happy that she almost spills the drinks onto the floor.

"Oh! Yes, of course! I would be delighted," she says, still holding the drinks while moving over to her table. "Come, come." She sets the drinks down on the side and gestures for Elena to come take a seat. The table is from her old house and has intricate patterns resembling constellations. She has newer cushions for seating that are a deep shade of purple.

Corr brings out two decks of cards with their faces turned down so only the simple design of the back can be seen. "I hope you don't mind the cards as I have my other supplies still packed away somewhere," she says, feeling a bit embarrassed. Normally she's a lot more organized than this. "At least I can still give you a choice here though! Now, I can use the traditional deck which I like to think is more intuitive and a chance to reflect on yourself, but I also have one I can use to help you seek out your animal spirits. They act as guardians and can share important messages. Which do you feel most drawn to?" She knows it's not an easy question for some to answer, but something tells her that Elena possesses a little intuition herself. "Also, if you have a question you want to ask the cards, think on that or you can say it out loud."

Corr can hardly wait to find out what Elena chooses.

"Speaking."
credits

@Elena <3

Messages In This Thread
cathedral bell - by Corrdelia - 04-24-2020, 12:15 AM
RE: cathedral bell - by Elena - 04-29-2020, 11:45 PM
RE: cathedral bell - by Corrdelia - 05-26-2020, 10:51 PM
RE: cathedral bell - by Elena - 06-07-2020, 02:57 PM
RE: cathedral bell - by Corrdelia - 06-13-2020, 11:30 PM
RE: cathedral bell - by Elena - 06-29-2020, 09:54 PM
RE: cathedral bell - by Corrdelia - 07-03-2020, 09:38 PM
RE: cathedral bell - by Elena - 07-18-2020, 11:06 PM