Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - just something people say

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Corrdelia

Delumine has treated her well so far with its lush greenery and friendly souls. Originally she was staying here to get justice for Hāsta, but now a whole season has passed and she realized how comforting it is. In a way, it's like Corr can start fresh here. Even while the forest sometimes whispered those harsh memories to her, she mostly feels safe here. There is something to the land that speaks to her in ways that the swamp could not.

So, she decided to stay.

One perk to being here now is having Dawn's library more accessible. The moment she had laid eyes on it last year, she fell in love. From the way the tree branches intertwined and combined with that old book smell- it brought Corr to a level of zen she hadn't felt in some time.

So today she decides to visit it again in search for some new titles to read. Her home library is already large, but the Court library collection is enormous. It's likely she'll find something new and fascinating to take home to study this time.

She is welcomed by the fox creatures as she enters and they quickly sniff her. Although, lately they've seemed more fixated on Hāsta than anything else for some strange reason. Corr still lets them inspect before they scurry off to tend to the library. Someone greets her and she recognizes them as the troubled man she did a reading for recently. It felt good to break out her deck of cards again and help someone. He seemed appreciative after the fact too.

Corr is about to head down a hallway when she hears a more familiar voice- Andras, the man with the glasses she met here before. The one that helped her find the books on Tempus. It didn't answer all of her questions, but they had been good reads.

However he seems more troubled than she remembers him. He's staring at her in shock and even drops his book as he desperately asks if she's okay. She's confused, but can't help but laugh.

"What are you talking about? Of course I'm okay, you silly goose!" she replies, leaning over to pick up his book to hand to him. "Here, you dropped this."

Then it dawns on her. "Oh, is this about that book I forgot to return? Listen… I'm so sorry. I got carried away there," she explains, her cheeks getting warm from embarrassment. "Okay… maybe it got lost underneath a bunch of my dried roses, but I swear I returned it when I got here! I think I put it in the right place…" Corr remembers putting the book back on the shelf, but doesn't remember what section it had been in. There were two that seemed pretty similar to each other, so it's possible she got them mixed up. Hopefully the fox creatures were able to fix her mistake before anyone noticed.

"Smooth," she "hears" Hāsta say in her mind and Corr looks over at the bird with a disapproving look.

"Oh hush now," she whispers at her, then looks back at Andras. Hopefully he isn't too upset at this. She doesn't tend to hold on to other people's things for long, so she feels very bad for being so careless.

“Speaking.”
Art | Code by Katherine

@Andras <3

Messages In This Thread
just something people say - by Andras - 04-26-2020, 03:10 PM
RE: just something people say - by Corrdelia - 05-08-2020, 12:28 AM
RE: just something people say - by Andras - 05-31-2020, 06:31 PM
RE: just something people say - by Corrdelia - 06-10-2020, 10:30 PM