Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - may the flowers remind us

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 65 — Threads: 8
Signos: 30
Inactive Character

Sereia

Sereia watches as realisation dawns warm as the early morning sun in the dark of his eyes. Their pain is not so sharp. It softens with hazy light. Sereia watches, transfixed. She could be in the sea then, watching as a new day rises, with new promises and revelations.

All that I am is roots. He says and she does not stop watching him. He slows something within her. Eases the beating of her heart. The adrenaline of dance is leeched from her veins by his quietude. He is comfortable in their silence and even as the earth grows around him and flowers rise at his magic, tickling at her knees, Sereia has never felt so wrapped by the sea. His groundedness, his earthliness only proves to push her back into the ocean where she belongs. 

Ipomoea turns her skin more salty, the flowers at her knees feel nothing like flowers at all, but seaweed swaying in the tide. “Then you are content here?” She whispers, discontent to break the silence - like stillness underwater, like the young hours after midnight, in the midst of the wilderness. Her question is no question at all, it is an observation. Gone is the weight to his words, their sadness is no longer metallic and raw upon her tongue. Something changed in the moments they talked, in the dawning of that sun in his deep, dark gaze. 

What was it?

What did you dance to forget? 

Yes. Sereia knows what he is really asking. It is why the small, curious smile tumbles from her lips like the autumn leaves had from the fingers of trees. She yearns to know what eased the pain out of his voice and brought the sun to rise behind his eyes. The kelpie wants just the smallest piece of that.

“The terrible things I have done and that, no matter how hard I try, I am unable to stop myself doing them again and again.” Beneath the wave of her golden hair she watches him with wide and aching eyes. “I dance,” She breathes, “to forget what I am.”

@Ipomoea

She wore her hope like a crown,
an unspoken soliloquy of dreams

~ Ariana

Messages In This Thread
may the flowers remind us - by Ipomoea - 04-27-2020, 12:17 PM
RE: may the flowers remind us - by Sereia - 05-20-2020, 01:31 PM
RE: may the flowers remind us - by Ipomoea - 06-03-2020, 02:06 PM
RE: may the flowers remind us - by Sereia - 07-12-2020, 12:05 PM
RE: may the flowers remind us - by Ipomoea - 08-27-2020, 07:28 PM
RE: may the flowers remind us - by Sereia - 10-10-2020, 09:04 AM
RE: may the flowers remind us - by Ipomoea - 10-14-2020, 12:43 PM