Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - And at last I see the light...

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Solstice

S O L S T I C E
and at last i see the light, and it's like the fog has lifted
Sun.  It was warm and welcoming, even as her heart pounded as she looked around every corner to see if they had followed her to this place.  Solstice’s golden eyes are wide and bright, drinking in everything around her as if she’d never seen the world before.  In a way, the metaphor was true – for all her life, Solstice had been a prisoner.  

Sure, there had been good moments.  

In particular, she’d enjoyed leisurely afternoons in the temple gardens, lost to her daydreams and surrounded by butterflies.  Even while held captive, she’d been allowed a few moments of sunlight each day, and had basked in the golden rays, never quite getting enough.  But nothing compared to the feeling of freedom which blossomed within her breast.  It was an exhilarating thing – exciting, but scary all the same.

Ahead of her, grasses and wildflowers spread endlessly to the horizon.  She is hungry to take it all in, stretching her wings wide to soak in the dappled sunlight as her heart grew lighter with each step into this strange land.  There is a quiet to the fields, and a peace which comforts her, even as guilt nags at her psyche.  Would they be looking for her?  She wouldn’t doubt it, but she hoped – Gods how she hoped – that they would never find her here.  Perhaps she would have to keep running to escape their captivity forever, but at least in this moment, the harmony and beauty of Delumine was enough to quell her self-doubt.

Lazy clouds floated by, and she stopped to watch them for a while, interpreting shapes in her mind.  One looked like a bird taking flight, she mused.  Another, a leaping rabbit.  So entranced in the skies was the girl that she missed the telltale signs that another approached.  In fact, it wasn’t until the stranger was close enough that she could hear the quiet whuffling of breath, that she turned with a startled gasp.

Poised to take flight, her sunkissed eyes are wide with fear.  "Please… Please go…”  There is a strained sort of plea to her voice, quiet and afraid.  How could they know what secrets hide behind her naïve gaze and demure personality?  How could they know the pain and the loneliness which had plagued her?

She didn’t want them to go – not really… but Solstice was afraid, unsure how to proceed in this free and wonderful world.   If only they would see the hope in her, beyond the fear.  

If only…

― Open to any

Messages In This Thread
And at last I see the light... - by Solstice - 05-17-2020, 02:03 PM
RE: And at last I see the light... - by Ipomoea - 05-17-2020, 05:12 PM
RE: And at last I see the light... - by Solstice - 05-23-2020, 04:11 AM
RE: And at last I see the light... - by Ipomoea - 06-01-2020, 04:53 PM
RE: And at last I see the light... - by Solstice - 06-02-2020, 07:10 AM
RE: And at last I see the light... - by Ipomoea - 06-10-2020, 08:25 PM
RE: And at last I see the light... - by Solstice - 06-16-2020, 04:31 AM
RE: And at last I see the light... - by Ipomoea - 08-07-2020, 04:39 PM
RE: And at last I see the light... - by Solstice - 08-30-2020, 02:02 PM