Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - And at last I see the light...

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Solstice

S O L S T I C E
and at last i see the light, and it's like the fog has lifted
Here is in steadying presence and in Oriens’ meadow, she feels more free than ever before.  As he speaks, she feels a sense of calm and safety wash over her, and in that moment, Solstice visible lets her guard down – just a bit.  She smiles softly at his words, lowering her face to nuzzle at the flowers which caressed her.  Their petals brush against her cheeks,, widening the smile, their touch gentle and soft as the breeze washed over them.

“Thank you,” she says, not for the first time.  “I think I will stay a while, enjoy the warmth of the sunshine… and then, I should like to see your home”.  For in that moment, the girl fees brave, watching as he nods and leaves her to the flowers and bird song.  She feels a sense of something more.  Home.  It was a strange feeling, but one she’d longed for countless times as she daydreamed in the temple.  What it might feel like to lean into the touch of someone who cared for her, to share a meal unburdened by protocol, with friends.  

Here, she would find all of that and more… Solstice just felt it in her bones.  Solstice stays a while, watching the sun as it turned toward the rest, blinking into dusk.  And then she goes, following the way Ipomoea had gone, tracing his steps toward the mysterious kingdom she would come to know as home.

― @Ipomoea

Messages In This Thread
And at last I see the light... - by Solstice - 05-17-2020, 02:03 PM
RE: And at last I see the light... - by Ipomoea - 05-17-2020, 05:12 PM
RE: And at last I see the light... - by Solstice - 05-23-2020, 04:11 AM
RE: And at last I see the light... - by Ipomoea - 06-01-2020, 04:53 PM
RE: And at last I see the light... - by Solstice - 06-02-2020, 07:10 AM
RE: And at last I see the light... - by Ipomoea - 06-10-2020, 08:25 PM
RE: And at last I see the light... - by Solstice - 06-16-2020, 04:31 AM
RE: And at last I see the light... - by Ipomoea - 08-07-2020, 04:39 PM
RE: And at last I see the light... - by Solstice - 08-30-2020, 02:02 PM