Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - dancing in the sunlight.

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Ipomoea

Their excitement seemed to reflect off each other’s, building between them until more painted stallion and spotted mare with their strange little wings were dancing with no rhyme or reason to the summer day’s melody. It sang in Po’s ears, accented by the high pitched giggles spilling from his new friend’s mouth, a mixture of birdsong and laughter and rustling leaves. It felt so familiar, stirring inside of his chest and tugging at his heartstrings as if a harpist were playing along inside of him to the music. His smile stretched across his face, wider and wider until it seemed his face were apt to split in two, but his joy continued to hold it all together.

“Yes, yes, yes!” Her questions rushed past him so fast he lost track, needing a moment to gather his thoughts but not wanting to pause the excitement bubbling in the air. He drank in her words, giddy at the reflection between them, her words striking true at him. “Mine do, too! But I’ve learned how to fold them tightly, like so—“ he stopped to drop his head dramatically to his ankles, an exaggerated pause in which he demonstrated the way his feathers ruffled and pressed in tightly to his cannon bones, wrapped smartly against his leg so that they seemed to almost blend—“and walking through grasses and the like don’t make the wind so bad!” Of course it wasn’t something she could do herself, he supposed, but he was sure she had other tricks to manage.

“I’m Ipomoea, from Dawn!” He wanted to embrace her, almost as if he had found himself some family or a long lost friend, but he settled instead to offer his muzzle to her. The red lining against his nares quivered, ears held excitedly forward as he reached out to Araxes in an open display of friendship. His cerise eyes had lowered to meet her monotone pair, his smile and excitement palpable in his expression.

“Will you be my friend, Araxes of Night Court?”

It was absolutely exhilarating, the way a lazy summer afternoon could so quickly lead to new friendships bonded by odd little wings.

!!!
@Araxes
alright time to get this thing moving, my apologies!!

coding by sid
manip by rhiann

Messages In This Thread
dancing in the sunlight. - by Araxes - 07-25-2017, 03:54 PM
RE: dancing in the sunlight. - by Ipomoea - 08-15-2017, 02:13 PM
RE: dancing in the sunlight. - by Araxes - 08-24-2017, 03:36 PM
RE: dancing in the sunlight. - by Ipomoea - 10-06-2017, 12:31 PM