Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - a darkness brighter than the dawn,

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Isra

Isra who forgot the way home

When did it become so hard to go from violent to soft, broken to repaired, lost to found? When did I forget how to really smile at the thought of home? I realize now, looking at Morrighan with her fat belly (I know that look well) how far I have risen, or fallen, from the mortal world. I want to step around my dragon's wings,  laugh and race her home until our sides are dusted in sweat and our throats parched for the drink.

I want to be happy that's she's not glaring at me. I want to be something other than a god trying to fit into a world to fragile to hold me.

But I worry that I'll never be all the things I want to be again as I follow her as she turns. I smile like I'm not full of everything but the joy I should feel. My voice does not waiver as it should when I laugh and fold my war-toned body into a trot and then a canter. It fades anyway in the roar of Fable's wings as he launches like a weapon into the sky and heads towards his favorite turret in the court.

I will race you home, he says. And I know he only says it because I am still too strange to look at my friend and remember how to be mortal. I do not look at him but my heart soars at the reminder that I do not have to be so cold, and sharp, and broken.

I can just be home.

“I'm surprised there are any buildings left standing in Denocte.” I can hear the hope in my heart, the way my words are trying to stitch me back together into something like I once was. I can hear a story in them, a memory, a legend I know the art of. But I can hear the sea too; I can always hear the sea now.

When my body stretches long and low like a weapon, and we pick up our paces into a gallop, I try to hear only my heart as we race towards home like two friends instead of two bodies who have forgotten the way home.

“You rung me out too, too, too many times.”

Messages In This Thread
a darkness brighter than the dawn, - by Isra - 05-29-2020, 07:16 PM
RE: a darkness brighter than the dawn, - by Morrighan - 05-29-2020, 09:57 PM
RE: a darkness brighter than the dawn, - by Isra - 06-03-2020, 06:57 PM
RE: a darkness brighter than the dawn, - by Morrighan - 06-14-2020, 09:18 PM
RE: a darkness brighter than the dawn, - by Isra - 06-29-2020, 01:29 PM
RE: a darkness brighter than the dawn, - by Morrighan - 07-05-2020, 08:31 PM
RE: a darkness brighter than the dawn, - by Isra - 07-31-2020, 04:19 PM
RE: a darkness brighter than the dawn, - by Morrighan - 08-02-2020, 01:52 PM
RE: a darkness brighter than the dawn, - by Isra - 09-04-2020, 08:13 PM