Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - whispers in the forest [open]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline del [PM] Posts: 16 — Threads: 4
Signos: 195
Inactive Character

“… - I haven’t given much thought to being called something else.”

There is something behind Solstice’s tone, a wound that begins to percolate the air. Noelle can’t hide from the pang of guilt surfacing against her breast.

Has she asked too much?

Assumed to speak words of neutrality?

A soft smile tugs on her lips as she nods in turn. Trusting that her companion would voice her disdain – if she had crossed some line or other.

But there is another shift that offers light from her eyes and sparks of joy. Mentions of the Library branch out a common likeness for books; of spun tales and heroines and beasts – either vanquished by vengeance or reborn, unshackled by the motions of love. She lets out a soft laugh, a rumbling in her belly when Solstice mentions crafting books.

“Oh perhaps, though… they aren’t nearly as fascinating as fairy tales!”

The fae’s eyes beam with the prospect of gaining a companion. The hollows of the forest, no longer empty – would prevent her mind from wandering to the past. To doubts and fears of the future, yearning for things and people far from her grasp. The prospect of embracing the present with a friendly soul provided more comfort than the previous few months of unyielding work. A whirlwind of faces, blurring all into one had no qualms – indifference rather – if she came back alive or dead.

“I would love for you to come with me. Truly! Perhaps we’ll have more luck spotting it together.” Noelle raised her head, and seemed to puff out her chest with renewed gusto.

“Some day I’ll visit Delumine’s city. All the capitols, if destiny permits it.” She steps ahead upon the path with a slight bounce. Tilting her head back to see if Solstice would follow. Strays of hair following behind her childish motion.

“I was told the Library is made out of the forest trees. Twisting into corridors and staircases.”

-

CREDITS

ooc// @Solstice // sorry for the wait! ;___;'

Messages In This Thread
whispers in the forest [open] - by Solstice - 05-30-2020, 05:29 AM
RE: whispers in the forest [open] - by Noëlle - 06-01-2020, 01:26 AM
RE: whispers in the forest [open] - by Solstice - 06-01-2020, 04:26 PM
RE: whispers in the forest [open] - by Noëlle - 06-03-2020, 03:34 PM
RE: whispers in the forest [open] - by Solstice - 06-04-2020, 02:37 PM
RE: whispers in the forest [open] - by Noëlle - 06-11-2020, 02:25 PM
RE: whispers in the forest [open] - by Solstice - 06-16-2020, 04:07 AM
RE: whispers in the forest [open] - by Noëlle - 07-07-2020, 10:05 PM