Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - maybe I want it all

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Obsidian [PM] Posts: 189 — Threads: 28
Signos: 110
Night Court Battlemage
Male [Him/his/he]  |  Immortal [Year 500 Summer]  |  16.3 hh  |  Hth: 37 — Atk: 43 — Exp: 74  |    Active Magic: Shadow-Forging  |    Bonded: Thia (Shadow-creature)

T  E  N  E  B  R  A  E

On my body, the grace of shadows
and in my heart: all Hells

The child emerges from the crowd. She is bright, full of a child’s light and innocence. Tenebrae has seen such light in the eyes of the boys brought to the Order to begin their training. He laments for that light, for it soon goes out of their dark eyes. 

She bites into an apple she holds, it is dark and red as a ruby. In this place where all the food stalls are laden with sweet treats, he is impressed to find her clutching a piece of fruit. She looks around with her liquid gold eyes and they settle upon him.

Ah.

She runs for him. Oh to have such vitality. Oh to run as light as a doe for the world has not yet laid her burdens upon this girl’s young spine. Her ribbons stream like liquid fire. It is easy to see fire when all of her small body is bound with ribbons of rippling fire. 

Meave comes to the monk with a wild gleam in her eye and a cry that splits the night. Cawww! Heads turn to look at her, smiles of amusement dance across lips and the crowd moves past the phoenix child. Yet Tenebrae shies. His head lowers and turns to rest an eye upon her and set an ear in her direction. The monk moves as if afraid, struck with awe at the child before him. He huffs through his nose as if surprised, tinged with a twist of fright. “You surprised me!” His voice is smooth, edged with that same awe that draws across his face. The girl takes a bite out of her apple and Ten’s surprise morphs into a small smile. It curls the pain across his lips and his mask transforms from fiercely beautiful, into something more soft, enchanting.

“Oh, I am nothing at all.” He breathes low as that smile across his lips grows, ‘isn’t that boring of me?” Upon his lips now is a playful grin as he entertains the girl before him. His eyes trail over the white lines across her face, tribal and bold. Vivacious the child takes another bite of her apple. “But I am far more interested in what you are.” He makes a point to look at the ribbones of fire that hang from her body, rippling like flames in the breeze. “You cry like a bird, and these,’ His nose bobs toward the ribbons, ‘are bright as fire.’ Tenebrae pauses and whispers fearfully, ‘Will they burn me if i touch them?’ His starbight eyes grow wide behind his mask as awe settles between them once more. “Might you be a phoenix? Risen from the ashes? I have never met one before… What is your name? Then I can remember you as the first phoenix i have ever met.”

@Meave - So cute!

~   ~   ~   ~   ~

Messages In This Thread
maybe I want it all - by Tenebrae - 06-05-2020, 05:10 AM
RE: maybe I want it all - by Maeve - 06-06-2020, 02:23 PM
RE: maybe I want it all - by Tenebrae - 07-03-2020, 10:45 AM
RE: maybe I want it all - by Maeve - 07-08-2020, 05:11 PM
RE: maybe I want it all - by Tenebrae - 07-20-2020, 12:37 PM
RE: maybe I want it all - by Maeve - 07-25-2020, 08:24 PM
RE: maybe I want it all - by Tenebrae - 08-02-2020, 10:45 AM
RE: maybe I want it all - by Maeve - 08-06-2020, 07:14 PM