Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - [QUEST] hearts of gold

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

i'd like to make myself believe that planet earth turns slowly
it's hard to say that i'd rather stay awake when i'm asleep
'cause everything is never as it seems

I'm far from home. So far, that I think my momma, Morr, is setting the entirety of Novus on fire just looking for me. I can't help it though. Sometimes the desire to explore is just so great that I can't ignore it. Maybe I get it from my other momma, Zahra? She always seems to have more fun outside of Denocte's gates, so I wanted to see how much fun I could have too. Plus momma Morr can be so smothering sometimes. I loved my home, but there is so much more to the world.

I followed her out here and found myself in some kind of enchanted garden. I think they called it Dullmeen? Delymean? I can't remember, but I am surrounded by life here. There is the chirping of birds, little creatures shuffling around in the grass and there is the distant roar of a river in the distance. This land seems so much more lush than Denocte's prairie, mountains and seashore. Of course, I was one of the weird ones that liked the smell of low tide, but this is different. This is somewhere new and much more rich. I can smell the crispness in the air, damp earth and fresh cut grass. The world is more alive here.

I find myself amazed by the lights strung in the trees and the sight of lanterns flickering in the distant forest. There is something else out there that almost sounds like voices, but it's so far and only seems to be for a moment that I think I just imagined it.

Then there is a man, his coat dappled like the patterns of the sun shining down into water. His eyes are like liquid gold and I am captivated by him. He leads me through this place and tells me things. Apparently I was not imagining it, but hearing the voices of the lost. Why are they here? What did they lose? There are so many questions in my mind, but I just keep listening to this tall man speak instead of asking.

At the mention of this place being haunted, I find my heart catching a little in my throat. I'm not sure how I feel about ghosts, but perhaps if they're lost, I can find a way to help them? A small orb of light similar to a sun appears and seems to have a mind of its own. I'm tempted to catch it and keep it as my friend, but something tells me it's more wild than that. It floats out further and further as if it wants me to follow.

The man speaks of treasures to be found if I follow the path, but to not stray far from the trail. As pretty as it all is, I don't really know this place and I already am not sure where momma Zahra is. I definitely want to stay on this path so I can find my way back, but first…

The sun orb keeps going out further and as I take my first step forward, I realize that the tall man is gone. I'm still not alone though. When I turn fully around, I see someone else- a girl. She's older than me, but not super old. I wonder if she knows much about this place and what the sun orb wants.

"Hey! Do you want to explore with me?" I ask while bounding over to her. She's very pretty, especially with how long her hair is and the way she has it done. I wonder if I could get my mane braided the same some day.

"This old guy told me to follow the path and I think this little sun orb wants me to. Do you think it's safe?" I am feeling the excitement of adventure again, but there is a little bit of fear in there. I don't know this place or this girl or what this could all mean. But what was the harm in a little treasure hunt in the woods?

I can hear the voices calling for us again. I take another step forward, but not too far, just in case this girl might not be coming just yet. I hope she does.

"Speaking."
credits

@Maret @Official Dawn Account
Trying something new, hopefully it works <3

Messages In This Thread
[QUEST] hearts of gold - by Maeve - 06-06-2020, 12:40 AM
RE: [QUEST] hearts of gold - by Maret - 06-07-2020, 11:26 PM
RE: [QUEST] hearts of gold - by Maeve - 06-09-2020, 11:28 PM
RE: [QUEST] hearts of gold - by Maret - 08-04-2020, 10:17 PM
RE: [QUEST] hearts of gold - by Maeve - 08-11-2020, 07:05 PM
RE: [QUEST] hearts of gold - by Maret - 09-28-2020, 10:41 PM
RE: [QUEST] hearts of gold - by Maeve - 10-17-2020, 09:14 PM