Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - [QUEST] hearts of gold

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

i'd like to make myself believe that planet earth turns slowly
it's hard to say that i'd rather stay awake when i'm asleep
'cause everything is never as it seems

Anger isn't something I'm used to, so it feels really weird in my stomach and my head. Only, I realize it's what I feel when my body presses into the colt. Then just like that, he disappears. I blink, completely and utterly confused.

I am cold, but then I am me. I can feel the ground again and jump up and down in a little victory dance. I turn right around to look for Maret only to see that she's back to normal now too. "We did it!" I call to her, the biggest smile on my face.

Something tickles my leg and I turn back to see tons of silver flowers appearing out of nothing. They form the shape of a horse where the colt used to be. My eyes are wide with curiosity- what kind of magic made all this? Is this the colt giving us an apology or maybe this had all been a test? I know adults like to do silly things like that.

There are two flowers in particular that catch my eye. They aren't bloomed like the others are, so I walk slowly towards them. For a moment, nothing happens but then I watch them shake and open up to reveal a light like fire glowing in the center of them. At first, the fire-ness makes me jump but I don't feel heat like a normal fire would give off. Maybe it's just all in the looks and I don't have anything to worry about. At the least, I know Momma would really love one and it might make up for how far I've run off from the festival. So without a second thought, I pluck one for me and pluck the other to offer to Maret.

"I haven't seen anything like this before. I guess it'll be a reminder of our adventure," I say, smiling at my new friend.

I can hear all the sounds of the festival in the distance and nudge Maret's shoulder (I'm still grateful that I can feel again). "Race you back!" And then I'm off, giggling as I crash through the underbrush again with my new prize clutched next to me. Really, I'm just glad to be whole again and I'll have one crazy story to tell Momma later.

"Speaking."
credits

@Maret <3

Messages In This Thread
[QUEST] hearts of gold - by Maeve - 06-06-2020, 12:40 AM
RE: [QUEST] hearts of gold - by Maret - 06-07-2020, 11:26 PM
RE: [QUEST] hearts of gold - by Maeve - 06-09-2020, 11:28 PM
RE: [QUEST] hearts of gold - by Maret - 08-04-2020, 10:17 PM
RE: [QUEST] hearts of gold - by Maeve - 08-11-2020, 07:05 PM
RE: [QUEST] hearts of gold - by Maret - 09-28-2020, 10:41 PM
RE: [QUEST] hearts of gold - by Maeve - 10-17-2020, 09:14 PM
RE: [QUEST] hearts of gold - by Maret - 11-11-2020, 10:56 PM