Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - BY STREAMS THAT NEVER FIND THE SEA [FALL]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

you would not believe your eyes
as ten million fireflies
lit up the world as i fell asleep

I'd like to think I'm an expert at catching bugs, but these guys are proving to be difficult.

I've been trying to lure the light-butt-bugs to me for a little while now, but with no luck. I'm feeling determined though, mostly because of how pretty they are and I just want to take one home with me. I wonder what Momma Morr would think of them. Someone else called them "fireflies", so maybe she would like them just for the name. Personally, I like calling them light-butt-bugs.

Nearby is the rushing river they call Rapax. It's part of the land here and, eventually, I plan to check it out. I'm so used to the sea of Denocte and it sounds cool, but for now I'm obsessed with these bugs. They're just so pretty and I've never seen anything like them before!

I am working on trying to lure one over to me when I notice a man with a spear standing by the river's edge. He seems so out of place here that it distracts me and the bug is long gone. There are many more flying around the air, so I'm sure I'll find another soon. For now, I'm curious to see who this man is. There's also something skinny moving around within his mane. Is it magic?

As I bound over to him, I realize that the thing in his mane is a creature. "Whoa! Is that a snake?" I ask excitedly, trying to raise my voice enough over the river. My eyes move over to the spear again and the way the moonlight bounces off the point of it. I also notice what appear to be scars on his body, just like Momma Morr has scars.

"Are you here to kill people?" I blurt out. My eyes grow wide and I tilt my head. Hopefully he's not a danger or I might have to put my running skills to the test. I think Momma Zahra is still nearby, but I'm not actually sure where she went. I take a big gulp and look up at the stranger. He's much older and taller than me, so this may not end well.

"Speaking."
credits

@Jahin <3

Messages In This Thread
BY STREAMS THAT NEVER FIND THE SEA [FALL] - by Jahin - 06-06-2020, 10:19 PM
RE: BY STREAMS THAT NEVER FIND THE SEA [FALL] - by Maeve - 06-06-2020, 11:03 PM