Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - you would not believe your eyes [fall]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

you would not believe your eyes
as ten million fireflies
lit up the world as i fell asleep

We've snuck away from Denocte, Momma and I. Momma Morr is busy doing "important adult" things, so it's Momma Zahra I'm with tonight. I like to think of her as the fun Mom since Momma Morr gets so overprotective all the time. She actually scares me sometimes, so I try not to sneak out too often unless I'm with Momma Zahra since she says it's okay. After all, I don't ever mean to make my parents upset (or see the wrath of Momma Morr's fire).

Tonight we're in Dellmen - Doomean? I don't think I'll ever get it right. Still, it's a pretty place and I've found I like the smell of the forest and river. It's a shame we don't have this kind of scenery back home, but I can't imagine living by the sea. Coming by for a visit I think is good enough for me.

We've made it to the river and the sound of the rushing water is surprising to my eardrums. I look on with awe as I'm so used to the crashing of the waves by the sea. This water crashes across rocks- large ones at that. It also smells… fresh instead of salty. Like the lake water, but slightly different. I wonder what kind of taste it would have?

I'm about to go try it out, when I notice a speck of light float in front of my eyes. It lands right in the center of my nose, which makes me go cross-eyed. It's my blind spot, so I can't see it anymore and it makes me sad. Thankfully, it doesn't sit on my nose for long and I see it go by my right eye, so I turn to inspect it further. It's so pretty! It's like some kind of creature - oh, wait, it's a bug! I can see its little wings and legs now.

"Momma! Momma! Look! It's a bug with a light on its butt!" I exclaim, bouncing around with excitement towards Momma Zahra. She had been looking somewhere else, but this is clearly way more important.

When I do turn around, I realize that it isn't the only light-butt-bug. There are tons of them! As they fly all over and scatter, they remind me of little stars except they move and have wings and legs.

"Come on! Let's go catch some!" I say as I nudge Momma Zahra towards one cluster. I don't actually know how we'd catch them - maybe with our mouths? But I'm obsessed with them and whatever magic they possess to be lit up.

"Speaking."
credits

@"Al'Zahra" <3 (good luck Zahra)

Messages In This Thread
you would not believe your eyes [fall] - by Maeve - 06-06-2020, 10:38 PM
RE: you would not believe your eyes [fall] - by Al'Zahra - 06-11-2020, 09:34 PM
RE: you would not believe your eyes [fall] - by Maeve - 06-17-2020, 10:33 PM
RE: you would not believe your eyes [fall] - by Al'Zahra - 07-01-2020, 05:49 PM
RE: you would not believe your eyes [fall] - by Maeve - 07-08-2020, 12:43 AM
RE: you would not believe your eyes [fall] - by Al'Zahra - 08-03-2020, 04:52 PM
RE: you would not believe your eyes [fall] - by Maeve - 08-11-2020, 06:34 PM
RE: you would not believe your eyes [fall] - by Al'Zahra - 08-20-2020, 10:51 PM