Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - you would not believe your eyes [fall]

Users browsing this thread:

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Maeve

you would not believe your eyes
as ten million fireflies
lit up the world as i fell asleep

Momma says that she's sure about them being fireflies and I guess I have to believe her. She's my Momma after all. In some way the blinking lights on their butts remind me of fire. It's similar to how the flames will flicker about only they're a different color.

We are wooing - I guess? - but Momma says that I haven't quite gotten it yet. My smile turns into a frown as I stop to watch her. The fireflies cling to her like moths to a flame and I'm amazed by her talent. I wonder if I'll get as good as her.

She tells me to move slower, so I try to mimic what she's doing. My legs still wobble underneath me as it all feels so awkward. I am full of life and energy, so moving more slowly just makes me feel more restless. I suppose it makes more sense since the music slowed down too. "Like this?" I ask, feeling a little more confident that I'm doing it right this time. Some fireflies are already starting to land in my hair and it makes me smile again. I like that I've made some new friends, but I don't know if I can woo them enough to come home with me.

"Momma," I start to say, watching her get closer to the river. I'm curious what could be over there that's so interesting, but that's not what I ask her. "How did you get so good at this? Will I be as great as you?" I tilt my head as I look at her, still slowly dancing to the music around us. I can feel a new energy coming into me from all this and I close my eyes to enjoy the moment. I can't remember the last time I had this much fun. Momma Morr could be so boring.

"Speaking."
credits

@"Al'Zahra" <3

Messages In This Thread
you would not believe your eyes [fall] - by Maeve - 06-06-2020, 10:38 PM
RE: you would not believe your eyes [fall] - by Al'Zahra - 06-11-2020, 09:34 PM
RE: you would not believe your eyes [fall] - by Maeve - 06-17-2020, 10:33 PM
RE: you would not believe your eyes [fall] - by Al'Zahra - 07-01-2020, 05:49 PM
RE: you would not believe your eyes [fall] - by Maeve - 07-08-2020, 12:43 AM
RE: you would not believe your eyes [fall] - by Al'Zahra - 08-03-2020, 04:52 PM
RE: you would not believe your eyes [fall] - by Maeve - 08-11-2020, 06:34 PM
RE: you would not believe your eyes [fall] - by Al'Zahra - 08-20-2020, 10:51 PM