Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - [QUEST] this heart I know

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

take this burden away from me
and bury it before it buries me

She loves it here, she decides quickly. She has always had such a soft affection for Dawn, and the residents that call this place home. (She thinks of Andras and his anger, but her heart so quickly softens against him as well.) Blue eyes dance to the trees as bird fly over head, and they fall down below to see the butterflies that frolic among the autumn flowers. She is so enthralled with the beauty of the creatures, and the towering trees, that she does not notice how shadows creep and crawl. Their fingers ache to reach out to her golden sunshine skin, to smoother her darkness, but it would seem just as they are about to…she dances just beyond it, like a ballerina.

The joyous laughter grows quiet as others continue to join in the festival, but Elena is not thinking about what remains behind, instead those blue eyes look onwards, eager to find what seems to be reaching out to her as much as she does towards it. The light of the lanterns that lead the pathway comfort her, and makes Elena think that she could not be the only one who has walked this pathway before. There is a moment, a heartbeat, where she wishes Ori was here with her, chattering about how the lanterns look like fireflies and the forest breathes adventure.

Footsteps.
For a breath, Elena thinks her wish may have come true.

But she exhales and remembers that Ori is far, far away. It is enough to draw her attention to a change in the air. The way the trees shimmy, the lights flicker as if they grow restless. “Fireflies,” Elena whispers to the woods and its creatures in awe. They form into something more: “Ori?” She questions hopefully, but then she is gone in a single blink of blue eyes. They brush against her, affectionate and bright. Elena laughs with something like sunshine. And then they leave her (everything does.) Elena watches with china blue eyes as they dance like illuminated raindrops before forming once more. And oh how it looks like Ori. Elena begins to move away towards them, away from the path, away from where she has been told to go, because she feels warmth seeing her family once more, a warmth she hasn't felt since she emerged from the forests of Taiga. It is not Ori, she knows this, she knows she is with Marcelo and Ruth, happy and loving as Elena always pictures her. And yet…

“All you have to do is follow the lost voices…”

Elena’s own curiosity burns, but she resists the lure the fireflies offer her.  She needed to follow the lost voices, just as the stranger had said. If they were truly lost—Elena would not forsake them. Because…because Elena knows what it is like to be lost, to cry out, just as she had that day in the Natural Bridge.

And she knows too, what it is like to be found.

Choice: Elena is staying on the path.

so take away this apathy
bury it before it buries me

@Official Dawn Account

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Messages In This Thread
[QUEST] this heart I know - by Elena - 06-07-2020, 01:39 PM
RE: [QUEST] this heart I know - by Elena - 06-08-2020, 08:36 PM
RE: [QUEST] this heart I know - by Elena - 06-09-2020, 09:38 PM