Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - [Fall] Glitterbomb

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Willfur

Willfur

Silence lingers, the mule holding his tongue tight to afford his new companion a chance to respond, but the dark stranger moves slowly, ponderously, as if completely unaffected by the worlds bustling, frantic pace or the mule who asks so many questions. He might have thought the man slow-witted, if not for the keen intelligence that glints and stares squarely back at him from gilded pupils, challenging, forbidding any such notion. No, he decides, this slowness is an affectation of deep-seated confidence, the self-assuredness of one who knows no apprehension and thus, has no need to hurry, nor anything to prove.

A dangerous stoicism.

"Erasmus." He repeats, nodding politely. The name makes him think of similar sounding words like irascible, irrational, eradicate, but maybe that's just his inherited lizard-brain reacting to tiny micro-expressions with its own hair-pin trigger of fright and flight, quivering at the breakdown of superfluous decorum, but which seems more irrational, truly? He pushes the unwanted feelings away, silently reproaching his own thoughts. Since when has he allowed himself to be swayed and made to judge by such meaningless points?

Not today, at least.

"I do love the Library, and I've learned so much about Novus already by studying there, but most of my general knowledge I've been gifted by friends, family, experience, accidents - " He grins, lips parting and one ear flopping comically out to the side of his blocky head. "I sometimes let my curiosity get the better of me, you know, but what's life without a little misadventure now and then?"

Half a beat passes, but conversation not appearing to be the other's strong-suit and with his not seeming to have taken offense to Willfur's overenthusiasm yet either - as far as he can tell - the mule allows himself this one impertinence of carrying on without waiting for a reply, the question mostly being rhetorical anyway. "Are you interested in the Library as well? I know the way now, and could show you. Perhaps there's something written about these flowers in the botany section or..." He thinks a moment. "Somewhere in the cultural or religious studies, maybe, to do with recognized celebrations."

@Erasmus
Sorry I took so long with this one. <3

Messages In This Thread
[Fall] Glitterbomb - by Willfur - 06-13-2020, 11:12 AM
RE: [Fall] Glitterbomb - by Erasmus - 06-23-2020, 11:16 PM
RE: [Fall] Glitterbomb - by Willfur - 07-07-2020, 03:24 PM
RE: [Fall] Glitterbomb - by Erasmus - 07-19-2020, 09:29 AM
RE: [Fall] Glitterbomb - by Willfur - 08-09-2020, 09:31 AM
RE: [Fall] Glitterbomb - by Erasmus - 08-29-2020, 09:58 PM
RE: [Fall] Glitterbomb - by Willfur - 09-28-2020, 10:52 AM
RE: [Fall] Glitterbomb - by Erasmus - 11-22-2020, 09:30 AM