Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - [Quest] hurt for me

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Avallac'h

and he will set himself afire before he realizes that
not even the gentlest of beings can tame the sun

Already his ears laid back, held as close as possible to the beginnings of his hair as.  While there was concern that something imminent, unstoppable, might befall them, what he mainly felt was concern for how quickly she had dared to tread the path that silently -quickly as a passing exhale- warned them of what might lay within.  It was concern for her.  He could not, on good conscience, allow her to stride within such a place on her own.  No matter what she might say in opposition to this.

Teeth clenching, his skin spasms at the skimming drag of her tail against his side.  This touch, just as the night before, makes Avallac'h realize something rather quickly.

He is but a marionette attached to strings, not of his own making, that have been clipped and held by others before.  Now, they are attached to her, for the duration of whatever it is she has just initiated by walking down this path he knows nothing of.  Now he is nothing more than a mere puppet of a man, quietly walking just off to her side as she continues to pursue whatever it is that might be hidden within plain sight.

(Were he capable of thinking on it, though, had he been anything other than a puppet in her presence?  As short as their time together has been, has she not subtly tugged on strings that he graciously offered to her in the form of help and assistance?)

Silence is all that accompanies them as she investigates, his own interest and concern laying in what seems to be prowling just beyond the illuminating path they walk.  A willing guard to the one he accompanies, his ears continuously swivel, his head doing the same in a much more languid manner.  Despite Hälla being at his side, Avallac'h feels isolated, alone, and so terribly small.

It makes the muscles of his body tense, his neck curve as he glances behind them once and sees nothing but the trail they had just walked. The sight of nothing behind them (despite his mind saying otherwise, ringing those long warning bells that been constructed in his mind for ages) leaves him even warier.

He comes here for no answers, seeks none, and never wishes to.  However, he is unaware that Hälla does.  He does not need to, though, not when he can tell she will not be leaving this place without knowing a little more (not with how she examines things, treads the path with a determined and cautious stride in search of something).

When she startles, his reaction is an old one, born from countless hours of training that will forever scar the depths of his mind.  Where she jumps back, he moves to act, body and head turning in the direction he had not been looking, body taut and horns poised.

The glow that greets him is not what he expects.  

Composing himself, his blank eyes watch the waltzing group of fireflies as they shine against her skin that he doesn't dare to touch.  They part from her, then twirling a branching tendril his way.  He does not react beyond a tilt of his head to follow their path.

They leave almost too quickly, allowing him to see the way she moves forward.

The glowing insects recapture his attention again, however, as they come to move and swirl before the two of them.  Dancing to a tune only they can hear that leads them into forming the quivering shape of another.  Much like Hälla, he is rooted in his place, head high and chin angled down as he looks at what he sees in interest.

His mind can easily recognize the shape of the foal, and he does not know what to make of any of it.

Despite his wariness, he is calm once more, that is until he blinks and the mingling figures of adult and foal seem to stand up tall in alarm. Avallac'h follows their gaze, eyes quickly flickering to where the fireflies morph and swiftly drift away, before returning his attention to the direction the two fabricated figures had looked.

He steps forward, closer to that direction, looking into the depths beyond the lights of the path.  He is ignorant to how Hälla steps in the opposite direction, in the direction the fireflies had drifted.

What had they been running from?

...Αβαλάκ — his breath catches, eyes faintly widening as he looks back at the path.  (His heart almost weeps at the sound of his name in his native tongue.)

It has been ages, what feels like eons, since he has heard his own name spoken in that language.

He needs nothing else to make him stay on the path; does not need to hear the sound of it again (despite wanting to), or Hälla to take the lead.

He already has taken steps down the path before she does, heart clenched and beating unsteadily.  (Would he hear it again?  Might he miss it?) Regardless of his longing, the atmosphere of this place is one he knows they should be careful of.

"Somewhere I don't believe we should be."  He mutters in reply, glancing at her from where he slightly walks ahead now.  Assuring himself that she is still close, he carefully continues down the pathway.

"I am sure we will find our way back out soon enough."  He softly says rather unnecessarily, knowing she does not need reassurance from him and that he does not seek to make himself believe what he says.

Whatever this place is Avallac'h does not know, but now he wishes to find out.

@Hälla , @Official Dawn Account
Speech
Choice: Stay on the path

Messages In This Thread
[Quest] hurt for me - by Hälla - 06-23-2020, 10:09 PM
RE: [Quest] hurt for me - by Avallac'h - 06-24-2020, 04:03 PM
RE: [Quest] hurt for me - by Avallac'h - 06-26-2020, 07:05 PM
RE: [Quest] hurt for me - by Avallac'h - 06-28-2020, 05:12 PM
RE: [Quest] hurt for me - by Avallac'h - 07-05-2020, 11:48 AM
RE: [Quest] hurt for me - by Hälla - 06-26-2020, 09:18 AM
RE: [Quest] hurt for me - by Hälla - 06-27-2020, 05:10 PM
RE: [Quest] hurt for me - by Hälla - 07-04-2020, 10:26 AM