Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - [Quest] hurt for me

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Avallac'h

and he will set himself afire before he realizes that
not even the gentlest of beings can tame the sun

No matter how quiet the voices grow, they will always linger; continue to ring and yell inside of his head despite him knowing they are all things of his past.  It -they- will forever pursue him and haunt him until he finally comes to rest on his death bed.  There would never be any escaping, no matter if the fog slowly deigns to free them from its opaque clutches.

It is quiet, and the silence is a heavy one that weighs down upon him just as the fog had before it chose to free them.  For once, he does not dare to traverse the silence that surrounds them as they walk on; doesn't dare to ask after her.  For once, Avallac'h cannot bring himself to care about such a small thing as talking.  He is rattled, just like she is, and he would rather not speak in fear of having what just occurred be the only thing they might turn to.

Besides, if he were bold enough to ask, he can only assume she would not answer and instead choose to redirect the question back at him, and he is not willing to reply to anything right now.

Now ailed by the burden of his loss, by the slim moments of happiness that he had come to be apart of before they were swept out from under him, the wounds already marring his heart long before now bleed anew.  It stains the floor beneath it even more, the wounds maintaining a steady drip that will soon come to bleed him dry completely.

No matter the distress, though, he was determined to be free of this area.  Free of it just like he had come to be free of the place that had found him as a boy and placed shackles on him and took him away.

He has weathered worse than this place—faced trials of the heart that hurt worse than this.  All this place had done was open old injuries.  Not make new ones.

Nothing; this was nothing.  However, it still hurt.

Ears tipped back, he had been grateful to be met with an equal willingness to leave this place behind them from his companion.  Neither of them needed to be here any longer, and while he was curious (beneath his stony-faced features and pain) he had come to learn long ago that some things were better left alone.

One should not go dancing with devils unless they have no choice.

Onward they moved, his mind never once thinking to turn around and possibly head back in the direction from which they came.  What laid behind them was not worth going through again.

When the dark eyes appeared, when their dark bodies came into view, he did not feel compelled to do much.  Used to the sensation of eyes resting upon him, he stared down the birds as they roused and sang out a tune, something that was the furthest thing from a melody.  His gaze narrowed, assessing for a moment but drawn away by Hälla as she snapped at the pesky animals.  The birds' retaliation was hardly welcomed, and he felt a sneer pull at one side of his mouth, altering his unsmiling features for but a moment as his ears flattened further.

Once the moment came, Avallac'h persisted and followed her lead.  However, unlike her, he watched where he stepped, expression now one that sported a frown that easily portrayed his distaste for the sinister birds that continued to belt out a grating chorus.  His eyes fell upon one here and there as he made to go through them, staring down those his milky eyes connected with.

He was not afraid of them.  Not when he was more afraid of what lay behind them. He slowly followed after Hälla, ready to be done with this place..

@Hälla , @Official Dawn Account
Speech
Choice: Quietly ignore the birds

Messages In This Thread
[Quest] hurt for me - by Hälla - 06-23-2020, 10:09 PM
RE: [Quest] hurt for me - by Avallac'h - 06-24-2020, 04:03 PM
RE: [Quest] hurt for me - by Avallac'h - 06-26-2020, 07:05 PM
RE: [Quest] hurt for me - by Avallac'h - 06-28-2020, 05:12 PM
RE: [Quest] hurt for me - by Avallac'h - 07-05-2020, 11:48 AM
RE: [Quest] hurt for me - by Hälla - 06-26-2020, 09:18 AM
RE: [Quest] hurt for me - by Hälla - 06-27-2020, 05:10 PM
RE: [Quest] hurt for me - by Hälla - 07-04-2020, 10:26 AM