Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - like dreams of love, rising out of sleep [fall]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Muirgen [PM] Posts: 69 — Threads: 12
Signos: 5
Dawn Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  14 [Year 497 Spring]  |  14.2 hh  |  Hth: 12 — Atk: 8 — Exp: 21  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

take a drink if-

I dip my head, noting the boy’s scruffy coat and glazed-over look. A bat chirps overhead. “Good evening,” I say, ever polite, though hardly awaiting his next words with eagerness. I’m relieved when he simply wants some water - it grows tiresome having silly boys ask silly questions so often. Not all of him is here, clearly.  “Ah, I believe there was a fellow with a jug of water about here somewhere…” I make a show of looking around, but the man with the jug is gone (I don’t know if he’d have been willing to share, anyway - perhaps if I asked first), and in the sea of equines, I’m not certain that I could pick him out. The jug wasn’t that large.  Despite myself, I long to get away from my dark thoughts, even if this is how I shall do it. “I suppose we must look for him.” I catch a whiff of something smoky and sharp on his coat. Ah. That’s what it is. “Yes, yes, you must be quite thirsty.” I’m no stranger to these things, myself, but that sort of imbibing would’ve invited me to only sink into my mind even further. I start walking, assuming the boy will follow. 

“Have you come from afar for the festival?”

"Speaking."

@Caspian

"You see, women are like fires, like flames. Some women are like candles, bright and friendly. Some are like single sparks, or embers, like fireflies for chasing on summer nights. Some are like campfires, all light and heat for a night and willing to be left after. Some women are like hearthfires, not much to look at but underneath they are all warm red coal that burns a long, long while."

[Image: 26y3cfu.png]
tracker
plotter
please tag the proper character for replies

Messages In This Thread
RE: like dreams of love, rising out of sleep [fall] - by Caspian - 07-04-2020, 12:53 PM
RE: like dreams of love, rising out of sleep [fall] - by Mesnyi - 09-15-2020, 09:52 PM
RE: like dreams of love, rising out of sleep [fall] - by Caspian - 10-10-2020, 08:35 PM