Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - you used to be such a lion;

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Charlemagne

How is it, he wonders, that everyone he meets looks so very self-assured?

Like Bexley and Florentine, this stranger was striking, but he managed to look a new level of imposingly beautiful. The young unicorn had never seen anybody quite like him before, and as soon as he glances away from that impatient gaze he finds that the stallion is as lovely as he is irritated.

It’s a combination that Charlemagne is not entirely sure what to do with.

The sharp question rings prematurely loud against the silence of the library, and his reply is much more hushed. “I wasn’t sure where I ought to go.” It’s foolish and he knows it; he can feel his cheeks burning, and he casts his gaze away as the imposing-looking stallion reprimands him. It’s a scene that could have just as easily happened at home, and that’s what, perhaps, he finds the most frustrating - that so little is different here, when he had expected it all to be. That he should be confronted with his own weakness of character in a library, of all places, was nearly unbearable.

That, surely, is what prompts him to respond in a fashion quite uncharacteristic for the chestnut scholar. “And I didn’t know it was the typical fashion of the Dawn Court to be so terribly rude, he says, the effort to hush his words making it nearly a hiss. He imagines that anyone within earshot is surely staring at them, but he doesn’t look; he’s managed to bring his gaze back to the vivid blue eyes.

For a moment, at least. That’s all it takes for him to become aghast at his response, but he is too proud to apologize again. Still wearing a look of horror, he whirls aside, muttering to himself. “I’ll just -” and without finishing, he stalks away down an aisle, hooves clattering on the gleaming floor.

When he realizes that he has dropped the book in his haste, he hesitates for only a moment before deciding not to turn around. But Charlemagne’s heart sinks, as he goes, with the sickening feeling that everyone from his home court was right: he is nothing but a coward, best at running away.

@Aion  please excuse how late this is! also his actions xD feel free to follow or not, but it seems I cannot control the boy D:

charlemagne*

image © unsplash

Messages In This Thread
you used to be such a lion; - by Charlemagne - 07-30-2017, 12:41 PM
RE: you used to be such a lion; - by Aion - 08-07-2017, 10:00 AM
RE: you used to be such a lion; - by Charlemagne - 08-15-2017, 01:34 PM